• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Transferring Lightning Reservation After Order Email

GreaseLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Just got off the phone with Ford after receiving my email to order.

I was told that if I switch my reservation to another dealer, I will lose my ability to order and go to the end of the line at the new dealer.

Original dealer hasn’t been easy to work with, has a higher deposit and hasn’t responded to questions I have. I don’t trust that they won’t pull a fast one later on with ADM.

Am I stuck with the non-responsive dealer if I want to order a 2022 Lightning?
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Your mileage may vary and I can not guarantee anything against what Ford tells you, but I can tell you I received an email to order in Wave 1. I then called Ford and they updated my preferred dealer. I sat on the order for a day then clicked the order button. It let me order my truck and the new dealer accepted the order the next morning.

I can tell you that my reservation was on May 19 about 10:30 Central - very early on, one of the first several thousand.

I don't know what transpired behind the scenes. Did I slide in front of someone else that might have received a Wave 2 invite? Did my allocation go with me to the new dealer? Was I early enough to be ahead of all of the others in line at the new dealer? I don't know.

Do it at your own risk. What do you have to lose? The key here is that your order needs to be very early in the reservations to qualify anywhere.

Last edited: