• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Transferring my Reservation over to family

iNcontroL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Hey everyone,

My reservation has finally been called, but due to the ridiculous price hikes, I can’t really justify the F-150 anymore.

I was about to cancel my reservation when my Uncle told me he really wants a lightning. Would it be possible to have him finance the car under his own name using my reservation or would I have to purchase it and sell it to him?

ideally I’d rather make this a simple process and I don’t really want to get a loan under my name just to sell it to him the same day. Would it be possible to have Ford just transfer my reservation or just have him come with me once the truck is delivered and have him do the paperwork?

I know transferring reservations wasn’t allowed but that was during the days of crazy high ADM… If I walk away from the order, Ford would just sell it to the next customer that walks in, so why not my Uncle?

Any advice is appreciated!
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Hey everyone,

My reservation has finally been called, but due to the ridiculous price hikes, I can’t really justify the F-150 anymore.

I was about to cancel my reservation when my Uncle told me he really wants a lightning. Would it be possible to have him finance the car under his own name using my reservation or would I have to purchase it and sell it to him?

ideally I’d rather make this a simple process and I don’t really want to get a loan under my name just to sell it to him the same day. Would it be possible to have Ford just transfer my reservation or just have him come with me once the truck is delivered and have him do the paperwork?

I know transferring reservations wasn’t allowed but that was during the days of crazy high ADM… If I walk away from the order, Ford would just sell it to the next customer that walks in, so why not my Uncle?

Any advice is appreciated!
The dealers get penalized if the name on the sale doesn't match the Reservation/Order.

There may be a workaround if you title the vehicle in both your names, then turn around and redo the paperwork with the DMV later. I can see other issues if your truck qualifies for a tax rebate.

The short answer is there probably is a way, but it isn't easy, and probably won't be as clean as you are looking for.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I think uncle could probably find a better Lightning used (no deleted features) or rejected orders inventory than jumping through reservation hoops. I suspect that there are lots of Lightnings in the much delayed supply pipeline that will end up in dealer inventory for the same reasons you cited...price increases coupled with loss of full tax credit.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Unless he lives at your address, he cannot use the reservation. And, if you jointly buy it, then you drop off the title, gift tax implications arise.

As stated, he can buy a 2022 or 2023 all over for less.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Search for a demo or slightly used. It is the better deal.
Demos and 2022's are being gobbled up, and it's only going to move faster with the price increase yesterday.

It will be interesting to see what happens once the "deals" are gone.
Sponsored