• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Lol..........You’re looking for features that are available on an aftermarket head unit or DSP.

OEM head units don’t come with these features regardless of the name on the premium sound system.

With that being said, the reason those features are not in an OEM system is because manufacturers don’t want customers blowing the very cheap plastic and paper speakers.

Just because it says B&O, that doesn’t mean that you’re getting something special.
My 2010 Volvo has a 5 ch EQ for front and rear separately, center channel, fiber optic cables, the sub level only raises the sub (not every speaker), dolby, II, and the later models added logic 7. The best part is the Dynaudio speakers. It's the only car that I've ever owned and not upgraded the stereo. Too bad my F150 was $40K more, and I cant even control the sub separately from the rest of the system, lol. But then again, my Volvo cant pull a boat.

I think manufacturers just try to please the biggest crowd without much expense. But with the unleashed, I just don't know. I've never heard an awesome car stereo with 18 speakers, 3 yes, 18 never. It just seems a bit gimmicky. I have the unleashed and it's ok. But even with my really, really good stereos in the past, the music makes a huge difference. I had tracks just for tuning for that reason. Sirius on a Ford is probably the worst source that I have ever heard, so do not use that as a source when trying to decide if you can live with the factory set up.
Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
My 2010 Volvo has a 5 ch EQ for front and rear separately, center channel, fiber optic cables, the sub level only raises the sub (not every speaker), dolby, II, and the later models added logic 7. The best part is the Dynaudio speakers. It's the only car that I've ever owned and not upgraded the stereo. Too bad my F150 was $40K more, and I cant even control the sub separately from the rest of the system, lol. But then again, my Volvo cant pull a boat.

I think manufacturers just try to please the biggest crowd without much expense. But with the unleashed, I just don't know. I've never heard an awesome car stereo with 18 speakers, 3 yes, 18 never. It just seems a bit gimmicky. I have the unleashed and it's ok. But even with my really, really good stereos in the past, the music makes a huge difference. I had tracks just for tuning for that reason. Sirius on a Ford is probably the worst source that I have ever heard, so do not use that as a source when trying to decide if you can live with the factory set up.
Agree with the Sirius statement..
Horrible example of what the system can produce.