• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2021 B&O Unleashed Software Update massively improved sound quality - super happy.

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
CAR SALES
I took my truck in for a blown speaker and the shop did a software update on my audio amplifier and it massively improved the audio quality of the Unleashed system - made the center channel sound way better and totally changed the surround effect for the better - Highly recommend looking into that if you aren't happy with the B&O.
Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I took my truck in for a blown speaker and the shop did a software update on my audio amplifier and it massively improved the audio quality of the Unleashed system - made the center channel sound way better and totally changed the surround effect for the better - Highly recommend looking into that if you aren't happy with the B&O.
What?!?!?!
Ford F-150 Lightning 2021 B&O Unleashed Software Update massively improved sound quality - super happy. CF7F0BC9-9945-4FCC-BB0A-A69AFF679C9C

OP
OP
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
CAR SALES
What?!?!?!
CF7F0BC9-9945-4FCC-BB0A-A69AFF679C9C.png
YES! I didn't ask for it - they just did it. I texted them after I picked it up to confirm and the SA said they did. Previously I drove a 2020 Mercedes w/ the Burmeister Surround and loved it - I bought my F150 in November and was okay with the B&O but missed the system in my Benz, now I don't Very happy.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
Do you know what the update was, specifically?

OP
OP
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
CAR SALES
Do you know what the update was, specifically?
No, they have to order the speaker so I picked my truck up waiting for the new speaker to come back. Once they actually replace it I'll have paperwork because the RO is still open.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2021 B&O Unleashed Software Update massively improved sound quality - super happy. IMG_5005

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
No. I don’t have a B&O system. I can imagine there would be an update for the amp though at some point.
If he sends me his vin I can take a look at what they updated so we can know for sure what it was

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
OP
OP
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
CAR SALES
Thanks I’ll take a look in a few mins. I have to pull it on my computer.
I'm curious what you will find - I took it in for a blown speaker and there was an issue with the reverse brake assist which was also a software update. I've had a boatload of issues with my truck (transmission failure at 200 miles which required complete unit replacement) Overall, I'm happy with the truck and after they replace the speaker I think it will be perfect.

Sponsored

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
I'm curious what you will find - I took it in for a blown speaker and there was an issue with the reverse brake assist which was also a software update. I've had a boatload of issues with my truck (transmission failure at 200 miles which required complete unit replacement) Overall, I'm happy with the truck and after they replace the speaker I think it will be perfect.
We have to wait for them to close the warranty claim before we can see what they updated. Right now all we can see is your transmission problems they fixed back in December.
Congrats on getting a refund for a month’s payment.
Sweet Jesus that’s a payment!

OP
OP
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
CAR SALES
We have to wait for them to close the warranty claim before we can see what they updated. Right now all we can see is your transmission problems they fixed back in December.
Congrats on getting a refund for a month’s payment.
Sweet Jesus that’s a payment!
Yeah, the speaker was 3 days out on Monday - Ideally they should be able to get it done this week - or maybe next. Lol, I Karened out at Ford because it was in the shop for about a month waiting on the new transmission to arrive. It wasn't back ordered or anything so even the dealer was confused as to why it took so long. I work for Mercedes and I've seen similar things happen at my store with new cars shitting the bed right after they leave so while being annoyed at the situation the dealership was great.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If you go to vehicle history you can see everything the tech has done in FDRS. I have helped many folks with their dealers telling them what they are doing wrong.

Now.. as far as an update. There hasn't been any module updated. They ran a 360 Camera alignment. That is it.

I was going to congratulate you on the payment reimbursement also.. I was beaten to it.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
The problem is that without a TSB or SSM telling the dealers to do a software update for particular problem everyone’s gonna be taking their trucks into the dealer asking for a software update to make the radio sound better and the dealer‘s not gonna have any idea what the hell they’re talking about.
Sponsored