• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

B&O sound system

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
I have a 2021 F150 XLT 302a with the standard sound system, not the B&O system. When I took delivery from the dealer he told me that the standard sound system is also B&O with 6 speakers and not 8. Is it possible that Ford has B&O make all of the sound systems for the trucks and charges $600 (?) for the extra 2 speakers?
Sponsored

Not Sure

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
Print
I'm just guessing here, but it's possible the speakers are from BO, and aren't necessarily the same ones used in the premium setup. That and I know (only from test driving) the tweeters are positioned differently than the standard setup (aimed at the driver/passenger rather than the windshield).

bryanmichael

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT
Good question - I have the same config for my XLT build. According to the 302A High specs, you should be getting the 8-speaker setup (the unleashed 18 speaker option is the $600 upgrade I believe):

Ford F-150 Lightning B&O sound system 1635513098789

riverdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 scabXLT,5.0,06 Lariet, 2015 HDFLHXSE
I was wondering the same, about to start a thread and saw yours. I too have an XLT 302A being built (I hope). On the Ford site build Build and Price it shows for XLT 301A and 302A that this package "includes B & O sound system, 8 speakers including subwoofer". It also shows B & O unleashed as an option for both. I have my doubts if this is accurate and I think we may have been had here as when you build further and get to interior options it shows the B & O system as another 560.00, saying it is "available" for this truck and no "unleashed" option at this level.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
On the Ford website it states that both the 301A and 302A includes the B&O Sound System 8 speakers including subwoofer. Here's a screen shot that shows the 302A.

My XLT 302A only came with 6 speakers. There was nothing on the Monroney sticker that said it was deleted. :confused: In addition, I thought that I had the 8 speakers because the center location above the dash still looks like it has a speaker grill and I didn't look behind the rear seat on the drivers side to inspect for the subwoofer and amplifier because it is not designed to be dropped down like it is on the passages side.

That said, in hindsight I wouldn't want to spend the $610 Ford is charging going from a 6 speaker to 8 speaker system. The 6 speaker system sounds okay to me, and after I bought a seat release kit for the drivers side rear seat I was happy to have space to store recovery gear and other things there where the amplifier and subwoofer should be.

In some way I think Ford should compensate people that bought 301 and 302A packages for the confusion they caused.

Ford F-150 Lightning B&O sound system Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 6.07.42 AM

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302A 157 PB
It does appear there is a misrepresentation on the 301/302a info pages, but that is why you have to check each and every option that's presented and review the summary page when doing the build and price unfortunately. I just tried the build and price for a 302a and it shows the 8sp being included, but when getting to the audio options, only the 8sp is available to option up and shows only the 6sp being included. The unleashed doesn't show available. I do not think you can get the unleashed in a XLT. What's really interesting is that if go up to a 500a, the unleashed is only $85 more than the 8sp option, which seems really cheap and a no brainer between the two. I agree Ford should fix this. I doubt they'll do anything about it. They usually add notes in fine print like what is put in ads that say not responsible for typos, etc. Things like this over the years always makes me more and more OCD unfortunately. Sigh.

Ford F-150 Lightning B&O sound system 1635764488032

Ford F-150 Lightning B&O sound system 1635764401594

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
So i just took my 301A for a test drive on friday. There are no badges that would indicate that the sound system is B&O, BUT i have to say i'm really impressed with the quality. There absolutely has to be a sub in here somewhere, or at least really good speakers.

I'm no audiophile by any means, so just take this for what it is worth!

Audiolover

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Engineer
I'm just guessing here, but it's possible the speakers are from BO, and aren't necessarily the same ones used in the premium setup. That and I know (only from test driving) the tweeters are positioned differently than the standard setup (aimed at the driver/passenger rather than the windshield).
The speakers in my 23 Lightning with B&O Unleashed say FoMoCo on them and are made in Vietnam. I think the only thing that is B&O in the truck is the logo.
Sponsored