• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Volta offers free charging ? Is this normal ?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
So I was shopping at my new local Amazon Fresh store and they had 3 EV charge stations by Volta (L2).

When I went to plug in, it started charging immediately.

Did not ask for payment, app or anything.

Is this normal for ALL Volta stations or is this only for certain merchants/businesses ??

When I checked my Volta app, it showed all my nearby charge stations were FREE !

Ford F-150 Lightning Volta offers free charging ? Is this normal ? Screenshot 2022-07-02 at 3.52.11 PM
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
That is the current business model for Volta. Yes, as far as I know all have been free. They are usually blocked by ice or in use in my area. They get you on advertising and if you stay too long then a fee.

There are some free chargers at different places. I had free DC on my BMW and didn't use it a lot. I have had to go long distances in my new car and have used DC stations. It really is pretty cheap if you compare to what I'd have paid in gas.
Sponsored