• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Water fording depth?

Kickaha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Has there been any spec on how many inches of water can be forded with the Lightning? I am moving to Texas and there are frequently roads with high water - has Ford put out any spec on this yet?
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Theoretically, if Ford waterproofs the electronics enough, the fording depth could be well over the roof of the truck.

For things like river crossings on 4x4 trails, this could be useful but for flooded streets, just don't do it. I drive around puddles now; because once, I had my front wheel torn clean off by a knee deep sinkhole caused by a broken water line.

AZ has what they call the 'Stupid Motorist Law,' because so many people were getting their kids killed or having to get rescued from their cars in fast moving flood waters.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
You shouldn't go through anything higher than the center of the wheel in any car. Even at that height you are asking for trouble getting the bearings all wet. Just because it "can" do it, doesn't mean it won't ruin something down the road.
It is not likely to go even close to the roof - the vehicle has such a big air pocket from the cabin area that it would just float away.
Sponsored