• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

White leather discoloring

s3mamill

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
Hi Guys, anyone have any recommendations about the white leather on the driver's seat discoloring? Its turning a little gray. This is the nicest truck I've ever had so I'm not someone who's had leather in my car before, so just checking if I'm missing anything that I should be doing to care for it.
Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I don't know much about white leather anything. Seems like a terribly difficult thing to keep clean. In general I usually use Saddle Soap to clean and condition leather and it usually does a great job. If I were you that's what I'd try, in a small inconspicuous spot to test it out of course.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Which lightning has white leather ? The platinum ?

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Hi Guys, anyone have any recommendations about the white leather on the driver's seat discoloring? Its turning a little gray. This is the nicest truck I've ever had so I'm not someone who's had leather in my car before, so just checking if I'm missing anything that I should be doing to care for it.
First step thats very important is to verify it is just dirt or contamination and not actually a wearing away of the color layer. You wouldn't want to try and scrub hard to clean the "dirt" off of an area where the color layer is already wearing away.

But if you've inspected it and its just dirty id follow these general guidelines:

1. Use a ph balanced interior cleaner, spray the affected area and use a soft bristle brush to work it in the area. Follow this by a using a clean microfiber cloth to thoroughky wipe down the area.

2. Then lightly spray the area with some 303 Aerospace Protectant. Wipe down with a separate microfiber cloth until all excess is removed.

https://amzn.to/3PBvTyI
Sponsored