• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Why no auxillary input on Sync 4 system?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I ONLY listen via USB now,
it's just so darn easy and convenient - one for each vehicle

tho I have hundreds of cassettes

tens of Albums

and even more 'CD's
Do you know if the Lightning will playback via USB: higher resolution and lossless files like MQA, AIFF, WAV, DSD, etc ???

I also have various DAC and analog to digital converters I can try as well.

Would a higher resolution file make a difference in the Lightning sound system ?
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Is there any good reason why Ford did not add an auxiliary input on the sync 4 system. It would be nice to play some of my CDs in my old portable player. Can only do that in the Pacifica. It has an aux input.
The best alternative is to get a BlueTooth transmitter to plug into your portable CD player.

For example, look for something like and AirFly Pro, which basically takes any headphone jack and transmits the signal as Bluetooth. There are tons of no-name brands out there, but I bought that one because Apple sells them right in their stores, so I'm guessing it's reliable.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I think they should have added a 3.5mm AUX port but I also have no need for it. :) It does strike me as something that enough people might need that it would be worth having.

OP
OP
Doggy-Dog

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Well......It was a nice idea. Adding a blue tooth adapter to my CD player. I ordered one and borrowed one from a friend. Sync found both of them but gave a message that stated these devices offered nothing that Sync could use. So, we are right back to the thought Ford should have added an Aux input.
If they had, I would swap it out for a Sync 4 that worked. Three tries to fix the update and now we may wait months, many months for a new APIM to arrive. By the time it does arrive my 13 month old truck may be considered too old for Ford to bother with updates for it.
Great job Ford.
Sponsored