• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Will the 2022 F-150 Lightning be the best built F150 yet due to smart production tools ?

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
I was curious about the new plant Ford is building (or built) to build the 2022 F-150 Lightning. I found this interesting interview of Kumar Galhotra, Ford’s president of the Americas and international markets, describing the new plant and the unique way the truck will be built. (46) Ford Unveils Factory to Build Electric F-150 Truck - YouTube

At 1:27 in the video, the question is asked and Mr. Galhotra answers in part, "... the tools that are used to assemble the vehicle are much smarter. The tools can detect if there is a fault in the process while they are assembling the vehicle. So it is a very unique combination of smart tools and a smart assembling line that gives us a lot of flexibility and makes the entire process much more efficient and higher quality." (answer ends at 3:03.)

I am typically suspect of the first generation of any new technology knowing there will be bugs that have to be worked out. I'm sure the same will be true with the new Lightning. However, I'm more confident than normal knowing that not only will Ford provide over the air updates, but it sounds like the assembly plant is building a better quality F150.
Sponsored