• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Article: ICE F-150 Accessories Will Fit on the Lightning

Lightning_Bob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reserved Lightning...
Wow that is interesting:

"...
These subtle tweaks include a hood that's slightly shorter, and the bedsides are tucked in tight so that air can slide right across them and on behind the vehicle.
..."

Out of curiosity - anyone care the measure the hood length of the Lightning vs the ICE F150?

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I myself am ticked off about the OEN drop-in liner not being compatible. I checked fords accessory website and got all excited because they have it, but then I noticed the little * ... Not compatible with lightning. If we have the same 5.5' bed, why won't it fit?!

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
Wow that is interesting:

"...
These subtle tweaks include a hood that's slightly shorter, and the bedsides are tucked in tight so that air can slide right across them and on behind the vehicle.
..."

Out of curiosity - anyone care the measure the hood length of the Lightning vs the ICE F150?
I would also like to know the width of the hood, I'm going to put tint on the light bar and the best deal is 60" long...

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Great for the bed now what about running boards?

Does the Pro come with running board mounts and can I order regular F150 running boards as an assessory?

What about powered running boards?
I emailed AMP about powered boards and they said they have a project on the works which leads me to believe that the standard AMP ICE power boards won’t work.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
I would also like to know the width of the hood, I'm going to put tint on the light bar and the best deal is 60" long...
Light bar is about 58" wide - and flares a little at the ends. You should be able to wrap with 60" film, but might not be able to cover the ends of the light bar.

Someone asked about the hood length - 43 1/4" at the centerline.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Great for the bed now what about running boards?

Does the Pro come with running board mounts and can I order regular F150 running boards as an assessory?

What about powered running boards?
The mounting points are the same as any ICE SuperCrew running board. It's the same cab. All trucks should have the studs.

The current power running boards will not work. Something to do with the location of the motor will not work with the battery/frame of the Lightning.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
Not compatible with lightning. If we have the same 5.5' bed, why won't it fit?!
The area for the power ports looks very different (compared to the rendering on the ford site, anyway) - the website shows a recess where the power port is on the Powerboost; on the Lightning, it is flush (and probably a bit larger). If you are looking to swap one from your old truck, it's probably a matter of a little trimming.
Sponsored