• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wiring Harness Plug Beside Spare Tire?

juicepower

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX 4x4 VELOCITY BLUE
Occupation
Integration Engineer
Does anyone know what this wiring harness is for? Nothing is plugged in.
2021 F150 Crew XL STX with Tow Package

Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring Harness Plug Beside Spare Tire? IMG_6622.JPG

Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring Harness Plug Beside Spare Tire? IMG_6619.JPG
Sponsored

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Is that closer to the driver's side of the truck than the center? Looks like it doesn't go anywhere from there is that correct?

If its where u think it is, I found a similar one in my XLT Poweboost (looks like different wire colors) connected to a small wire that goes up the side of the bed, towards the pro power outlets, maybe pro power related, or possibly bed lights?

OP
OP
juicepower

juicepower

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Integration Engineer
Is that closer to the driver's side of the truck than the center? Looks like it doesn't go anywhere from there is that correct?

If its where u think it is, I found a similar one in my XLT Poweboost (looks like different wire colors) connected to a small wire that goes up the side of the bed, towards the pro power outlets, maybe pro power related, or possibly bed lights?
Yup its right under the driver side tail light. I was wondering if that was a plug for the bed lighting. If so that would make adding bed lights very easy. I would love to find a wiring diagram for these GEN14 models.

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Yup its right under the driver side tail light. I was wondering if that was a plug for the bed lighting. If so that would make adding bed lights very easy. I would love to find a wiring diagram for these GEN14 models.
If it is the Cargo lights it's connector C410 in these images

Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring Harness Plug Beside Spare Tire? connector info.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring Harness Plug Beside Spare Tire? Connector.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring Harness Plug Beside Spare Tire? Rear Wiring.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring Harness Plug Beside Spare Tire? Wiring.PNG

Ford F-150 Lightning Wiring Harness Plug Beside Spare Tire? wiring2.PNG

OP
OP
juicepower

juicepower

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Integration Engineer
If it is the Cargo lights it's connector C410 in these images

connector info.PNG

Connector.PNG

Rear Wiring.PNG

Wiring.PNG

wiring2.PNG
Not sure where you located these magical drawings but they are very helpful. Looks like it could be the truck bed lights. I will dig for C421 connector tomorrow. Maybe check for voltage and if I dont have any check Forscan to enable the bed lighting option then measure again.

Sponsored

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Not sure where you located these magical drawings but they are very helpful. Looks like it could be the truck bed lights. I will dig for C421 connector tomorrow. Maybe check for voltage and if I dont have any check Forscan to enable the bed lighting option then measure again.
Looks like the switch goes thru there also so the light pins probably don't have power until the switch leg is closed.

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Just wondering if you had any luck verifying this harness?

OP
OP
juicepower

juicepower

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Integration Engineer
No luck yet. Got side tracked hooking up a light bar. Working from home tomorrow so I might take my lunch to check voltages on that plug.

Stkhldr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 scrw xlt 4x4 , 2022 scrw stx ordered
Occupation
Retired
I looked at a 2022 stx with bed light at dealer and it also had the unused plug underneath so I don’t think it’s for bed lights.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Those are the bed light or cargo lights connectors depends on what you call them. They are on either side. They wont work without additional wiring. I added the factory bed lamps to mine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
juicepower

juicepower

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Integration Engineer
Looks like @Jesse-Infotainment is probably correct. I only have one plug on the driver side. I would guess I need a harness then possibly have to add a wire since the XL STX might be missing a jumper for from the headlight switch. This is factory though so maybe I just have to add the wire harness then forscan to enable. Putting this on the back burner to complete other objectives first like leather heated seats and some in side mounting brackets for CB radio where the center speaker goes.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
There is one wire that has to be run to the BCM.
Sponsored