• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Your Mileage May Vary

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I'm also upstate NY. I'm assuming the MY22 XLT SR will get about 120 miles of highway driving in the winter at 80% charge. 1.5m/kwh x 98 x .8 = 118 miles
Seems about right, you might get a little more, but good to plan conservatively.

It is a bit counterintuitive for EVs, but winter range reduction is less the faster you drive since the heater is a constant draw and going faster means the kW used for heat is less for each mile. Air resistance is still a thing and important to consider, but we found we had more range in winter on the highway than going slow around town.

Reactions: MBM

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Seems about right, you might get a little more, but good to plan conservatively.

It is a bit counterintuitive for EVs, but winter range reduction is less the faster you drive since the heater is a constant draw and going faster means the kW used for heat is less for each mile. Air resistance is still a thing and important to consider, but we found we had more range in winter on the highway than going slow around town.
My average daily drive is around 90 miles, so I should be fine. If I feel any anxiety, I'll likely just charge to 90% in winter and 80% all other times. This gets me another 10+ miles. I assume the battery will be able to take on the seasonal bump.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
My average daily drive is around 90 miles, so I should be fine. If I feel any anxiety, I'll likely just charge to 90% in winter and 80% all other times. This gets me another 10+ miles. I assume the battery will be able to take on the seasonal bump.
I plan on doing 90% for daily use year round. That is what Ford recommends for the Mach-e (and what we do).
Sponsored