• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford's epic Lightning bait-and-switch is complete (the official "I'm out" thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The worst part about the Lariat+ is that along with the moonroof you can only get an all black interior. Really questioning the intelligence in that decision. Hopefully you will be able to remote start with cab environment controls set for a particular temperature before getting in the vehicle.
I, personally, want the all black interior. I just don't want a leaky glass hole in my roof.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
My 2021 Lariat 2.7L stickered for $67k. A Lightning Lariat+ is $79k. Seems like a great value to me.
Subtract $7500 tax credit and few years of fuel cost and it looks like an even better value long term. (also oil changes, filters, brake pads, transmission service, etc)

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Better yet, grab a Pro and do Katzkinz.... And if you are really honest, it'd be a legitimate comparison to a very nicely equipped Lariat ICE truck. Seriously.

That's why the ICE trim labels are possibly a big mistake. Afterall, "Pro" isn't "XL", so they shouldn't have used XLT either?

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Most compact crossover EVs are in the $50-60k range.
ID4: $40K
Ioniq5: $43K
Bolt EUV: $33K

Only luxury and Tesla EVs are in the 50-60K range.

You don't get a lot of "car" in terms of features @ $74K for an XLT Extended range.

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
It's actually probably *underpriced* to hit the $39k number for marketing purposes... as evidenced by the fact that they don't actually want to sell them, and the XLT SR, which has maybe $3k worth of "upgrades" compared to the Pro, is priced $13k higher.
I think the following represents what is included for the additional $13K. Based a percentage of trims that will be available, a good number of Pro buyers are going to need to decide if they are willing to pay for these upgrades.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford's epic Lightning bait-and-switch is complete (the official "I'm out" thread). 1641318315726

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

You don't get a lot of "car" in terms of features @ $74K for an XLT Extended range.

Uh....take the Bolt out of the equation, thats quite a bit smaller and not awd.

ID4 starts at $40k..add awd and the pro pkg and you are at $49k
Ioniq 5-- $50k for the big battery and awd.
MME- starts at $43k..but go mid trim awd, ER battery and you are in the $50s.

Point is YES you can get a non-awd EV devoid of comfort features for $40-45k...start adding options, awd that creeps to 50-60k and they still don't have the capability of a full size truck.

And yes, I do think the XLT is overpriced at $74k..probabkly needed to be ~$65k. But its unrealistic to think a large capable full size truck would be the same price as even well equipped much smaller crossovers.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum

I completely understand your point, but for some who have always considered a truck as a necessity, and for all the reasons one can be, the 3 cars you listed above at that price point, if parked next to a Lightning at almost any price point, would still look like a lot less vehicle. :)

As transportation only, I get it though.

Still, I can't help but compare the entry level Pro to those entry level prices in the car list. And that's actually much more fair. It's quite the comparison in my opinion.

cabinfever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
...Being spoiled by my ‘21 pb isn’t helping. I really like my current truck, more than I thought I would. I expected to just use and enjoy it before trading it in against a Lightning. Keeping it for longer is looking more appealing now.

I feel the exact same way. I have a 2021 Lariat PowerBoost. Stickered for $72k and paid a little over $62k. My electrician is hooking up a transfer switch for me next week, so with these prices I'm likely out on a new Lightning.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I think the following represents what is included for the additional $13K. Based a percentage of trims that will be available, a good number of Pro buyers are going to need to decide if they are willing to pay for these upgrades.

1641318315726.png
Yeah, I don't even know if that's $3k worth of stuff. It's not even on the same planet as $13k worth of stuff.

The only way that XLT SR makes ANY sense whatsoever is if going with the XLT SR means you get the full $7500 credit, and Pro means you have to wait until it's been cut in half twice ($1875) or completely gone.

On principle, I wouldn't even consider an XLT SR. I'd rather not get one than pay $13k for that stuff.

Sponsored

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
Actually it makes a lot of sense. Those Pro's are mostly going to be sold to Fleet. The Pro's will eventually be available with an ER battery, it's just a matter of being patient. Bait and Switch is offering a vehicle for two months and then completely taking it away as an option......yeah you Tesla.....
No, the bait and switch is leading everyone to believe the ER battery would be a simple $7-10k adder. It's a $35,000 adder from the Pro, or a $19,500 adder for the XLT.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I completely understand your point, but for some who have always considered a truck as a necessity, and for all the reasons one can be, the 3 cars you listed above at that price point, if parked next to a Lightning at almost any price point, would still look like a lot less vehicle. :)

As transportation only, I get it though.

Still, I can't help but compare the entry level Pro to those entry level prices in the car list. And that's actually much more fair. It's quite the comparison in my opinion.
Also keep in mind the ER will have 500hp+ and have a range of 300mi. Thats a good 45-60mi more than either the id4 or Ioniq 5

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
No, the bait and switch is leading everyone to believe the ER battery would be a simple $7-10k adder. It's a $35,000 adder from the Pro, or a $19,500 adder for the XLT.
I'd like to see where Ford led everyone to believe this would be the case. I'll wait......

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Subtract $7500 tax credit and few years of fuel cost and it looks like an even better value long term. (also oil changes, filters, brake pads, transmission service, etc)
Don't forget you also get the equivalent of $75K worth of Tesla Powerwalls included in your purchase. You're essentially getting a Lariat ER for free if you look at it that way, LOL!

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Also keep in mind the ER will have 500hp+ and have a range of 300mi. Thats a good 45-60mi more than either the id4 or Ioniq 5
I wanna meet the dude cross shopping an ID4 or Ioniq and a Lightning ?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.