• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
I came across this posted on FB:

F150 Lightning (Electric) - Will it be any good off road?
Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
IF correct, only thing useful there was the ground clearance and angles.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Ok so how many people do you know who own a pickup and ever drive it off road on anything more than a gravel driveway? I can think of maybe 2 or 3 out of the dozens of people I know that own trucks. It will be at least as good off-road as an fx4 truck and probably better if you put some better tires on it and this is way more capable than the vast majority of owners will ever need.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Ok so how many people do you know who own a pickup and ever drive it off road on anything more than a gravel driveway? I can think of maybe 2 or 3 out of the dozens of people I know that own trucks. It will be at least as good off-road as an fx4 truck and probably better if you put some better tires on it and this is way more capable than the vast majority of owners will ever need.
I generally agree with what you’re saying here. It certainly will be a high on road percentage in Texas. But, here in Colorado, these trucks are going off road a lot more often. Better tires are a given for me but I’d like to have a couple more inches of ground clearance as well. I’ve just decided that there are some sacrifices I’m OK with.

mkinttrim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 4x4 501a
Occupation
retired
Still wanting to see in Arctic conditions, like 30 below zero and 3 hrs of daylight. Does it have a electric heater?

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
M
Your range will be cut down considerably based on what I’ve see the Jeep 4 x E.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
M

Your range will be cut down considerably based on what I’ve see the Jeep 4 x E.
Doing rock crawling and more technical stuff, yes, driving on some unpaved roads with come gravel/mud I'm guessing isn't going to hit the range nearly as much. Also the low range gearing in the Jeep may have something to do with the range loss where the lightning will.habe a fixed gear ratio so it may not suffer from quite as extreme a loss (although I know a Tesla takes quite a large hit off-road as well).

I would guess that the percentage of f150 customers that drive their trucks on anything close to what I've seen vloggers taking the 4xe on is extremely low, especially in an unmodified vehicle