• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
For anyone familiar with Ford's Velocity Blue color, here's some comparison photos for reference on how Atlas Blue looks. Atlas Blue is a bit darker and has more metallic flake.

Photos by Drew B.

Ford F-150 Lightning Atlas Blue Lightning vs Velocity Blue F-250 For Color Reference Atlas Blue Lightning vs Velocity Blue For Reference1

Ford F-150 Lightning Atlas Blue Lightning vs Velocity Blue F-250 For Color Reference Atlas Blue Lightning vs Velocity Blue For Reference2
Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Nice - I thought Atlas Blue was a much darker blue than that, but that looks awfully nice. I'm still married to the rapid red, though, such a beautiful color.

I wish they would have varied the Lightning logo for the paint it's sitting on. The touch of blue against my Rapid Red is beautiful, and I think having red shadows on the lightning logo when on a blue truck would set it off beautifully.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Nice - I thought Atlas Blue was a much darker blue than that, but that looks awfully nice. I'm still married to the rapid red, though, such a beautiful color.

I wish they would have varied the Lightning logo for the paint it's sitting on. The touch of blue against my Rapid Red is beautiful, and I think having red shadows on the lightning logo when on a blue truck would set it off beautifully.
This has been one of the niggling bothers for me. Would love to have the logo in anything but blue.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
This has been one of the niggling bothers for me. Would love to have the logo in anything but blue.
The niggling bother for me was the fact that you couldn't get a Lightning in...wait for it...Lightning Blue, which pre-dates Velocity Blue and was the color on my 2015 Lariat.

Atlas is a bit darker than I'd prefer. But then I'd also prefer not to have a moonroof and the giant 15" screen borrowed from the Mach-E that are required extras for an ER Lariat.

But there ya go....

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
The niggling bother for me was the fact that you couldn't get a Lightning in...wait for it...Lightning Blue, which pre-dates Velocity Blue and was the color on my 2015 Lariat.

Atlas is a bit darker than I'd prefer. But then I'd also prefer not to have a moonroof and the giant 15" screen borrowed from the Mach-E that are required extras for an ER Lariat.

But there ya go....
Okay, the Lightning Blue was also a HUGE miss! I also think green on a "green" truck should have been obvious to them, but who knows what's in the coffee Mike Levine is always bringing back to the office...

I'd have liked ER on a stripped-down trim as well, but I kind of dig the portrait screen. We've never really used our previous sun/moonroofs, but can live with that as well. The freaking $20k jump for an ER goes beyond the niggling bothers!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yup, that is what turned me off from Atlas blue - the logo gets lost.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

I had a 2018 F150 and Escape in Ruby Red. My 2021 F150 is Rapid Red. I chose Atlas Blue because I didn't want to seem boring by having 5 red vehicles in a row (2018 Hot Pepper Red Focus ST included). My next choice would have been Star White, but my wife thinks that color is bad luck. So I went with Atlas.

I was mowing the lawn last night and just couldn't stop admiring my 2021. I wish I had gone with Rapid Red now, but my Priority jumped to 01 and it would be a pain to change it.

Congrats. I think you chose the best color.

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
i like the blended look. Love the Atlas blue and fact its darker than velocity.

thanks for sharing pics

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had a 2018 F150 and Escape in Ruby Red. My 2021 F150 is Rapid Red. I chose Atlas Blue because I didn't want to seem boring by having 5 red vehicles in a row (2018 Hot Pepper Red Focus ST included). My next choice would have been Star White, but my wife thinks that color is bad luck. So I went with Atlas.
Atlas blue would have been my second choice. I have a bias toward red, but am not afraid to go a different direction... 50% of all my primary vehicles have been some form of red over the past 30-some years. That's not boring.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Accountant
I had a 2018 F150 and Escape in Ruby Red. My 2021 F150 is Rapid Red. I chose Atlas Blue because I didn't want to seem boring by having 5 red vehicles in a row (2018 Hot Pepper Red Focus ST included).
Atlas blue would have been my second choice. I have a bias toward red, but am not afraid to go a different direction... 50% of all my primary vehicles have been some form of red over the past 30-some years. That's not boring.
2001 Focus (Red-whatever the brighter shade was called), 2011 Escape (Sangria?), 2016 Fusion Hybrid (Rapid Red) for just our Fords. I'm an accountant so I know I'm boring! Sorry, FlasherZ--you'll just have to prove us wrong!

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok - how's about this? All the cars I've owned, except my bucket trucks, 1998 black Buick Regal GS and my 2004 sandstone metallic Silverado. Some are stock photos, most are in my driveway.

Ford F-150 Lightning Atlas Blue Lightning vs Velocity Blue F-250 For Color Reference collage (1)

skiborsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
For anyone familiar with Ford's Velocity Blue color, here's some comparison photos for reference on how Atlas Blue looks. Atlas Blue is a bit darker and has more metallic flake.

Photos by Drew B.

Atlas Blue Lightning vs Velocity Blue For Reference1.jpg

Atlas Blue Lightning vs Velocity Blue For Reference2.jpg
I'd say the pics make VB look "smurfier" than it actually is. Definitely lighter than Atlas, but darker than in the pic.
Ford F-150 Lightning Atlas Blue Lightning vs Velocity Blue F-250 For Color Reference 892FA6BE-49CB-46F1-AE2B-6B36DC063B3F

donā€™t have the Raptor anymore, but here was Lightning Blue for comparison purposes
Ford F-150 Lightning Atlas Blue Lightning vs Velocity Blue F-250 For Color Reference ABEC9A77-E429-4EF5-92F8-723C2EA78E6B

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
This will be my 5th blue Ford. Iā€™ve seen it in person and itā€™s beautiful, but I would love it to be just a bit lighter.

Also not thrilled with the way the badge is lost in the colors.
Sponsored