• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

A more playful fleet truck…

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
With out a reservation, I knew the only way I could get a Lightning was to scour the internet and cold call a lot of dealers. One weekend in December, I was updating my Amazon subscriptions when I saw an email from Cars.com arrive in my inbox with the subject line:

Inventory Alert: 1+ new listings matching your search, "New Ford F-150 Lightning for Sale
I was excited because my saved search was for the elusive ER Pro. I wanted the bigger battery but really couldn’t afford anything above the Pro. I immediately called Capital Ford Truck Center in Raleigh, NC to get more information. The markup was minimal and so I pulled the trigger and bought my first ever truck.

Unfortunately, it did look a bit like a service vehicle. I wanted to change that. So, I Iooked over the threads in these forums and saw @AZT9 ’s truck and the Raptor Swapped Lightning from Leif Johnson Specialty Vehicles. Both were major sources of inspiration!

This is ultimately what I went with:
*Raptor Style running boards from Rough Country
*A 3 inch lift kit from Zone Offroad
*A set of 17x8.5 Rebound Pro wheels with a +6 offset in the titanium finish from Icon Alloys
*A set of 35x11.5R17LT Open Country A/T III tires from Toyo

And here is the final result:
Ford F-150 Lightning A more playful fleet truck… 1432366E-CB15-4C9E-AFA9-7A37205836F3
Sponsored

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
With out a reservation, I knew the only way I could get a Lightning was to scour the internet and cold call a lot of dealers. One weekend in December, I was updating my Amazon subscriptions when I saw an email from Cars.com arrive in my inbox with the subject line:

I was excited because my saved search was for the elusive ER Pro. I wanted the bigger battery but really couldn’t afford anything above the Pro. I immediately called Capital Ford Truck Center in Raleigh, NC to get more information. The markup was minimal and so I pulled the trigger and bought my first ever truck.

Unfortunately, it did look a bit like a service vehicle. I wanted to change that. So, I Iooked over the threads in these forums and saw @AZT9 ’s truck and the Raptor Swapped Lightning from Leif Johnson Specialty Vehicles. Both were major sources of inspiration!

This is ultimately what I went with:
*Raptor Style running boards from Rough Country
*A 3 inch lift kit from Zone Offroad
*A set of 17x8.5 Rebound Pro wheels with a +6 offset in the titanium finish from Icon Alloys
*A set of 35x11.5R17LT Open Country A/T III tires from Toyo

And here is the final result:
1432366E-CB15-4C9E-AFA9-7A37205836F3.jpeg
Looks great! I like your taste sir!

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Certainly doesn't look like a fleet truck anymore. Out of curiosity what are you getting for m/kWh after the mods?

OP
OP
eRockBoon

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s so variable with winter weather. On my 30 minute drive home from the shop, it was 35 degrees I had not preconditioned, the cabin set to 68 fans at 1, and I was getting 1.2 mi/kWh on the interstate traveling at 75mph. I feel like I would typically get 1.4 or 1.5 mi/kWh under similar conditions.

Sponsored

RideIn

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER Lightning
@eRockBoon Truck looks great!

How did you set up that search function? I don't see a battery size filter on cars.com.

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
ER Pro for real? It's used right? How many miles?
How did price negotiations go?

edit: how do you even price a pro ER with the price increases. Originally it was going to be 40k+10k but now the 40k is 56k, and +???

OP
OP
eRockBoon

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@eRockBoon Truck looks great!

How did you set up that search function? I don't see a battery size filter on cars.com.
I actually used a narrow price filter right around the $50,000 MSRP of the fleet truck. So I did get some false positives.

OP
OP
eRockBoon

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ER Pro for real? It's used right? How many miles?
How did price negotiations go?

edit: how do you even price a pro ER with the price increases. Originally it was going to be 40k+10k but now the 40k is 56k, and +???
I got it new with 42 miles on it. There was not really any price negotiating. I said “How much?” He said “MSRP + $5000.” I said “I’ll take it!”

I am not sure how much they cost fleet customers now after all of the price increases. All I know is that MSRP for all ER trucks is over $80,000. I wonder if all of the Pro orders are going to fleet customers, which is making it hard for the general public to get them.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I got it new with 42 miles on it. There was not really any price negotiating. I said “How much?” He said “MSRP + $5000.” I said “I’ll take it!”

I am not sure how much they cost fleet customers now after all of the price increases. All I know is that MSRP for all ER trucks is over $80,000. I wonder if all of the Pro orders are going to fleet customers, which is making it hard for the general public to get them.
That's what's been assumed since last year. It may be a case now that fleet pricing went up and the companies are saying, "I'll take 8 instead of 10," leaving a couple on the lot for the dealer to unload.

Now I'm curious.. I wonder how dealerships are treating fleet orders in regard to all the price protection and markups? Are they giving fleets a hard time as well? That'd suck to have an order for 10 fleet Pros, only to get them now and be told it'll be $160,000 more for your order. Easy to say that oh, they can afford 10 of them, big deal. But I'm sure accounting won't be too thrilled. for an order that's gonna cost them $700k instead of $440k

Sponsored
OP
OP
eRockBoon

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have been flying a ton for work the last few weeks so I haven’t had a chance to take some non-driveway pictures. Fortunately, we had some nice weather today so I could sneak away to the state park after dinner and snap a few pictures.
Ford F-150 Lightning A more playful fleet truck… C7B98D98-AC87-4367-8872-0BBB0E86542C

Ford F-150 Lightning A more playful fleet truck… AE71CD36-8411-4D57-8F94-7EA1FABE8D4B

Ford F-150 Lightning A more playful fleet truck… AD913DF3-C07C-489B-85D0-0AEB66966C0E

Ford F-150 Lightning A more playful fleet truck… 3A3A8EB0-9905-4850-A749-DE6875F76327
Ford F-150 Lightning A more playful fleet truck… 946FAFFC-4E58-4267-B9C5-AA6A68C1A3AB

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
Smart!

Thanks for sharing your mods too!