• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
It's been about a month since I've had my Lightning and I wanted to share my modifications. I researched for months before I got it and was looking at everything I could, so I'm putting my info up for those who are researching options and looking around for ideas. Here's what I did:
  • Fuel Flux 20” Wheels
  • 285/60r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires
  • Retrax One MX Tonneau Cover
  • Level / lift / alignment
  • Black out all emblems
  • Smoke front LED power bar
  • Smoke rear tail lights and tailgate molding
  • Window tint complete dark
  • Tint front windshield 55%
I have a 2023 Platinum. I have not noticed any issues with the hands-free blue cruise driving or lane assist. The truck rides so smooth, and putting it in sport mode is incredible. Barely any tire noise, not noticeable to me, but maybe to some if you've never had bigger tires before. These are super smooth and quiet IMO.

I have noticed less range. It's hard for me to get a handle on how much, as I drive a combination of streets/local and freeway daily. There's also a lot of hills by me, so that affects my range. I *think* I'm roughly in the 1.7 range on average. Based on what I've read, leveling the front end was likely what hurt the range the most.

The leveling kit is from readylift and I think it's a 2 1/4" so it sits exactly level. It's made for F150s so it was easy to add. No rubbing on the tires.

I had the emblems taken off and painted. They look like they came this way. I love them.

At the last minute, I had them "smoke" the lights on the back and front light bar. I love the back, with the red, at night it looks almost normal. The front light bar looks black during the day, which I love, but it's a bit "yellow" at night when turned on b/c there's black paint inside. Overall, I think I like it, but it's the one piece of the entire job that I am still a little unsure about (only at night, during the day with the black, I love it -- I feel the light bar is a great design but the quality of the light looks too cheap and plastic to me, especially on the higher models).

If you have questions, I'm happy to answer them.

IMG_5354.jpeg

IMG_5356.jpeg

IMG_5357.jpeg

IMG_5355.jpeg

IMG_5358.jpeg

IMG_5359.jpeg

IMG_5360.jpeg

IMG_5361.jpeg
They can smoke the turn lights on the mirrors and the bed lights above the back window too. FYI. Completes the look.

Ford F-150 Lightning Leveling Kit, Tires, Wheels, Smoked Lights and More on my Lightning Platinum DC2A9C63-1111-4222-9916-6CFEFBE085F2

Ford F-150 Lightning Leveling Kit, Tires, Wheels, Smoked Lights and More on my Lightning Platinum 2A01F3AB-5723-4779-BB63-73709E0306D0
Sponsored

mb0220

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
It's been about a month since I've had my Lightning and I wanted to share my modifications. I researched for months before I got it and was looking at everything I could, so I'm putting my info up for those who are researching options and looking around for ideas. Here's what I did:
  • Fuel Flux 20” Wheels
  • 285/60r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires
  • Retrax One MX Tonneau Cover
  • Level / lift / alignment
  • Black out all emblems
  • Smoke front LED power bar
  • Smoke rear tail lights and tailgate molding
  • Window tint complete dark
  • Tint front windshield 55%
I have a 2023 Platinum. I have not noticed any issues with the hands-free blue cruise driving or lane assist. The truck rides so smooth, and putting it in sport mode is incredible. Barely any tire noise, not noticeable to me, but maybe to some if you've never had bigger tires before. These are super smooth and quiet IMO.

I have noticed less range. It's hard for me to get a handle on how much, as I drive a combination of streets/local and freeway daily. There's also a lot of hills by me, so that affects my range. I *think* I'm roughly in the 1.7 range on average. Based on what I've read, leveling the front end was likely what hurt the range the most.

The leveling kit is from readylift and I think it's a 2 1/4" so it sits exactly level. It's made for F150s so it was easy to add. No rubbing on the tires.

I had the emblems taken off and painted. They look like they came this way. I love them.

At the last minute, I had them "smoke" the lights on the back and front light bar. I love the back, with the red, at night it looks almost normal. The front light bar looks black during the day, which I love, but it's a bit "yellow" at night when turned on b/c there's black paint inside. Overall, I think I like it, but it's the one piece of the entire job that I am still a little unsure about (only at night, during the day with the black, I love it -- I feel the light bar is a great design but the quality of the light looks too cheap and plastic to me, especially on the higher models).

If you have questions, I'm happy to answer them.

IMG_5354.jpeg

IMG_5356.jpeg

IMG_5357.jpeg

IMG_5355.jpeg

IMG_5358.jpeg

IMG_5359.jpeg

IMG_5360.jpeg

IMG_5361.jpeg
What is the offset on those wheels?