• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
This was my stance. I was just curious if anyone has confirmed this with their dealer yet.
Also Tim was saying basically the dealer will sometimes try to play dumb about price protection but will usually back off when they realize they have an educated buyer. Print off the news reports back in October where it mentioned that people who had orders already placed are price protected from the $5000
Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Yes. Order form shows the base price of $46974… but their stance seems to be the price incentive is there to help cover any price increases so I should pay the new window sticker price minus the $7K incentive instead of the order price minus the $7K.
What does your window sticker say? If it shows the base of $46974 then i dont see why the dealer thinks this, ask them to print the DORA report (i think thats the right one)

claybird22

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Also Tim was saying basically the dealer will sometimes try to play dumb about price protection but will usually back off when they realize they have an educated buyer. Print off the news reports back in October where it mentioned that people who had orders already placed are price protected from the $5000
The dealer rep forwarded me to the new car manager and he does believe there will be the price protection + the private offer

claybird22

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
What does your window sticker say? If it shows the base of $46974 then i dont see why the dealer thinks this, ask them to print the DORA report (i think thats the right one)
Window sticker shows base of $51974 which is why this issue began!

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
But your order sheet shows the correct price right? Ford has always been based on price at time of order I thought so the dealer shouldnt be messing around. Call Ford CS and ask for clarification with the dealer on the phone if you have to.

Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Exactly. Dealers, even the good ones, will try and pocket every dollar they can out of you. I have hammered home with my dealer than I am price protected and the private offer still applies, they aren't pushing back too hard yet. 39k plus destination or whatever it is called is what I will pay.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Yes. Order form shows the base price of $46974… but their stance seems to be the price incentive is there to help cover any price increases so I should pay the new window sticker price minus the $7K incentive instead of the order price minus the $7K.
If only there was a single company in charge of all of this, maybe someone like the manufacturer of the product, that knew the answer to this question, and could very easily put out a publicly-available document detailing how the Price Protection and Private Offer work.

It would save everyone a lot of time and stress and heartache and upset buyers when dealers (not all) inevitably try to take some of this money for themselves.

If only!

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
If only there was a single company in charge of all of this, maybe someone like the manufacturer of the product, that knew the answer to this question, and could very easily put out a publicly-available document detailing how the Price Protection and Private Offer work.

It would save everyone a lot of time and stress and heartache and upset buyers when dealers (not all) inevitably try to take some of this money for themselves.

If only!
Someday I hope... I think the "Ford Model e" vs "Ford Blue" division is the first step on this path.

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
The Lincoln salesperson that my wife used sent me this when I ask her about Ford price protection.
Yes! So you are protected at the original price when you ordered the truck. The window sticker will show the adjusted price in the case that a customer does not want the order anymore and can reflect the new price to a “new” buyer. Does that make sense?

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
@jimfigler seems to have the best explanation for this that I've seen, which is that the sticker will reflect the current retail price because Ford/the dealer need a sticker for the customer who buys the truck if it isn't you, since you haven't bought it yet. I guess getting a new sticker made is more challenging.

I'm in the same boat you are, my sticker has a base price of $51,974 for my Pro, which is $5,000 higher than on the dealer document I signed. I was expecting I'd get the $46,974 price on my sticker, but they made the sticker after they announced the $5,000 price increase, so given what jimfigler wrote in this thread, it makes sense that any sticker printed after the price increase would show the higher price, regardless of whether the order was from someone who was price protected and eligible for the private offer.

My dealer is a no-nonsense, no markup kind of dealer, so I'm not expecting to have any issues, but Ford's not made this particularly easy. I am expecting I will have to at least explain this situation to them so they know that I know that the $5,000 price increase is not part of our deal, and the $7,000 private offer is based on the $46,974 price I signed for when I ordered, meaning my base price is $39,974.
Sponsored