• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Nbpfit07

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Healthcare
This is ridiculous. We got the private cash offer at the time we ordered, based on MSRP at the time. We should be price protected from the subsequent price increase in October since we paid our deposit prior to the increase. Seems very straightforward to me.
I was concerned this was going to be my experience when I picked mine up. They tried to play games and gave me the invoice as it was delivered, less the 7k was applied from the “private offer,” or “coupon” as my sales manager referred to it. They told me there was a price increase. I told them I was more than aware but that the price on the DORA was what it was protected at and the difference between that and the sticker was how much they were going to be reimbursed by Ford. Showed em the price protection document. They agreed that I would be protected but never would take it off the price, instead providing a “we owe” sheet with “5,000 check from ford” and told me to check with them in 45 days.
Sponsored

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
@Aakyl - What was your experience with the price protection / private offer? @Blainestang is so far the only MY23 with a clean experience and he was lucky enough to be dealing with Granger. I still don’t have my final numbers but any tips/links @FordVideoGuy could toss our way would be greatly appreciated.

pdxmadman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat Extended Range, Rapid Red
https://www.f150forum.com/f2/price-protection-new-vehicle-orders-521171/

I found this thread in the f150 forum, posted by a granger employee, it describes the price protection program and there are even some attachments with the policy language. Maybe it’ll help someone
Went to pick up my Pro tonight at a local Portland dealership and ran into the same "misunderstanding". Offered the 7k special offer discount but not the additional 5k price protection. They believe the special offer is to offset the October price increase. Of course I pointed out that the special offer was made in August, not October when the second increase occurred.

They offered to sell it to me with the 7K off and cross my fingers that they get reimbursed down the road. If they do, they say they will give me the additional 5K. I asked them to contact Ford corporate tomorrow for clarification.

Walked out without my vehicle tonight. Fingers crossed I can provide them enough background material to work this out tomorrow.

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
Went to pick up my Pro tonight at a local Portland dealership and ran into the same "misunderstanding". Offered the 7k special offer discount but not the additional 5k price protection. They believe the special offer is to offset the October price increase. Of course I pointed out that the special offer was made in August, not October when the second increase occurred.

They offered to sell it to me with the 7K off and cross my fingers that they get reimbursed down the road. If they do, they say they will give me the additional 5K. I asked them to contact Ford corporate tomorrow for clarification.

Walked out without my vehicle tonight. Fingers crossed I can provide them enough background material to work this out tomorrow.
Aw, man. Not you too!

At least it sounds like they're willing to consider the possibility.

pdxmadman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aw, man. Not you too!

At least it sounds like they're willing to consider the possibility.
I'm guessing I'm only going to initially receive the $7,000 private offer off of the new Pro MSRP. They are willing to give me a $5,000 IOU document and check back with them in 45 - 60 days to see if they get reimbursed by Ford.

This might be my only play as they would love to take possession of the vehicle. They already had a market adjust of $25,000 on the vehicle.

Sponsored

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Here are all the FDNB in one spot for everyone to use: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/i...3-f-150-bev-lightning-production-information/

The applicable one is posted on October 8th with the following summary:

SUMMARY
Ford is adjusting the MSRP on the 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro Series due to ongoing supply chain constraints, rising material costs and other market factors. We will continue to monitor pricing across the model year.

Current converted retail orders awaiting scheduling are unaffected by this adjustment. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro Series is now sold out for retail customers. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro availability will continue for customers that meet the eligibility qualification for the commercial order bank.

The adjusted MSRP of $51,974 will go into effect for new commercial customer orders placed starting October 24. Current commercial and government customers with a scheduled order are unaffected by this adjustment.

pdxmadman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here are all the FDNB in one spot for everyone to use: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/i...3-f-150-bev-lightning-production-information/

The applicable one is posted on October 8th with the following summary:

SUMMARY
Ford is adjusting the MSRP on the 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro Series due to ongoing supply chain constraints, rising material costs and other market factors. We will continue to monitor pricing across the model year.

Current converted retail orders awaiting scheduling are unaffected by this adjustment. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro Series is now sold out for retail customers. 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro availability will continue for customers that meet the eligibility qualification for the commercial order bank.

The adjusted MSRP of $51,974 will go into effect for new commercial customer orders placed starting October 24. Current commercial and government customers with a scheduled order are unaffected by this adjustment.
There is some very helpful stuff in there. I plan to present the dealer with the August Private Offer memo and the October Lightning Price increase memo. Hoping they come around tomorrow.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
I'm guessing I'm only going to initially receive the $7,000 private offer off of the new Pro MSRP. They are willing to give me a $5,000 IOU document and check back with them in 45 - 60 days to see if they get reimbursed by Ford.

This might be my only play as they would love to take possession of the vehicle. They already had a market adjust of $25,000 on the vehicle.
That's so scummy of them, sorry dude.

benredington

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Graphic Designer
I guess the chip hold is over. My 10/28 blend date has been built!

Estimated Delivery 12/9/2022 - 12/15/2022

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) E091904E-B138-4F3B-BD0C-5C9A58F6767A

Last edited:

Sponsored

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
a few days to a week YA RIGHT sigh

Aakyl

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Associate Scientist III
@Aakyl - What was your experience with the price protection / private offer? @Blainestang is so far the only MY23 with a clean experience and he was lucky enough to be dealing with Granger. I still don’t have my final numbers but any tips/links @FordVideoGuy could toss our way would be greatly appreciated.
I still haven't recieved my truck yet as I had to wait for manager approval from my dealership (who was out thanksgiving weekend) and am now waiting on FedChoice credit union to get back to me with the auto loan. However, it looks like my dealership is not going to pull any shenanigans other than $200 for "door edge guards" and "wheel locks".

I am going through Gene Butman Ford, they've been pretty good to me through the process thus far. I will let you know when I finally close if everything goes like I am expecting right now.
Sponsored