• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Well it appears the same shenanigans happened to Fair__Dinkum who just picked up his Pro and most likely to me as my appointment is this afternoon. Our dealer is holding firm on the new MSRP but is willing to pay back the $5000 if they receive it back from Ford. I'd rather not finance an extra $5000 plus tax.
My dealer said the same thing to me basically. I'm guessing they are all getting the same bad info from the same source.
Sponsored

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Well it appears the same shenanigans happened to Fair__Dinkum who just picked up his Pro and most likely to me as my appointment is this afternoon. Our dealer is holding firm on the new MSRP but is willing to pay back the $5000 if they receive it back from Ford. I'd rather not finance an extra $5000 plus tax.
My question is, why would they get $5k back if we pay the new msrp? I think the only way they get a check is if we pay the original msrp and the dealer is reimbursed for the difference. I could be wrong, I haven’t seen confirmation. Has anyone gotten a check for paying too much? What about adm? No one gets reimbursed for that from ford

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
My question is, why would they get $5k back if we pay the new msrp?
Very good point. It is just WRONG that customers are being asked to resolve invoicing discrepancies between Ford and their dealers.

Here's the way I would put it: Customer has confirmed order that includes dealer-acknowledged pricing at the date of the order (~$46k). That's the agreement/contract, that's the pricing that the customer pays (Ford's Private Offer is a rebate). It is not the customer's role to resolve any invoicing discrepancy between the dealer and Ford. That's the dealer's responsibility. A dealer introducing new pricing constitutes bait & switch (unfair business practice/breach of contract). [This post does not constitute legal advice.] Good luck out there!

alexose

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 C-Max, 1999 F150
My question is, why would they get $5k back if we pay the new msrp? I think the only way they get a check is if we pay the original msrp and the dealer is reimbursed for the difference. I could be wrong, I haven’t seen confirmation. Has anyone gotten a check for paying too much? What about adm? No one gets reimbursed for that from ford
This is exactly what I'm worried about-- As soon as you've signed on the dotted line, there's no incentive for anyone to help you get that money back.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with ford support. The agent suggested that I have my dealer contact their Ford rep. Based on my experience yesterday, there's no chance they actually are willing to do this for me, but I'm going to try asking nicely.

The worst part of the whole experience for me is just being left in the dark. And having to mediate between two companies that seem to hate each other. Not having to deal with any of this would be probably worth $5k by itself.

Edit: Talked to my dealer. Zero willingness to look into it for me, and I quote, "we're at an impasse". Seems that door is closed, unfortunately. Either I'm getting reimbursed from Ford directly, or it's not happening.

Last edited:

UFLightning

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Finally made it to built status (11/30/22) with an ETA of 12/15/2022 - 12/21/2022 (I can dream, can't I?). Nice to see progress!

Sponsored

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
This is exactly what I'm worried about-- As soon as you've signed on the dotted line, there's no incentive for anyone to help you get that money back.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with ford support. The agent suggested that I have my dealer contact their Ford rep. Based on my experience yesterday, there's no chance they actually are willing to do this for me, but I'm going to try asking nicely.

The worst part of the whole experience for me is just being left in the dark. And having to mediate between two companies that seem to hate each other. Not having to deal with any of this would be probably worth $5k by itself.

Edit: Talked to my dealer. Zero willingness to look into it for me, and I quote, "we're at an impasse". Seems that door is closed, unfortunately. Either I'm getting reimbursed from Ford directly, or it's not happening.
Yep, exactly. I emailed my dealer this morning and he did at least say they were checking with the ford rep. He gave me a line about ford reserving the right to change their pricing structure at any time

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
No they get it regardless. Thats one reason dealers like a customer who has no clue about price protection. They just keep the reimbursement from Ford when it arrives.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
No they get it regardless. Thats one reason dealers like a customer who has no clue about price protection. They just keep the reimbursement form Ford when it arrives.
But wouldn’t there be nothing to reimburse in that case? If there were, wouldn’t ford just send the check directly to the buyer? They have our address

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Well it's official. Ford admitted my truck should have moved by now, I have a case
But wouldn’t there be nothing to reimburse in that case? If there were, wouldn’t ford just send the check directly to the buyer? They have our address
No because the price protection is a dealer side thing. Ford has no relationship with you until you have actually purchased the vehicle (not sure in legalese exactly when it happens), that is why this is all such a hassle.

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No because they in normal circumstances should pass that price protection to the customer at the time of sale and then ford reimburses the dealer.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
This is really disappointing about people fighting with their dealers over what should be agreed-upon pricing. My dealer and I signed a purchase agreement when I ordered the truck that said the base price was $46,974. I got it in writing that the agreement would not affect my eligibility for the special offer, that this was just the most I would be asked to pay. That should be all I need. If it isn't, I'm going to be pretty unhappy. If Ford's looking for any loyalty from Lightning buyers they really need to be going to bat for their customers instead of leaving them twisting in the wind like this.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Huzzah. I called Ford for the 20th time this week and finally got a case number through logistics, hopefully they find out why it isn't moving. Out of spite, I bet the damn truck is rolling off the carrier as I type this out.

@jimfigler @Fair__dinkum Do you guys have your trucks yet??? Gimme some good news to salvage this day!

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Huzzah. I called Ford for the 20th time this week and finally got a case number through logistics, hopefully they find out why it isn't moving. Out of spite, I bet the damn truck is rolling off the carrier as I type this out.

@jimfigler @Fair__dinkum Do you guys have your trucks yet??? Gimme some good news to salvage this day!
A member of the Nor Cal 10/31 Build Week, who just yesterday received an estimated delivery of 12/22-28, today received confirmation that his truck will arrive to depot in California this week. Evidence continues to build that Ford tracking is simply broke. Continued good luck!

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I’m sitting in the dealership now, pleading my case
Sponsored