• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
I went though the same crap. Although they did bring out the paperwork that if ford does send them the 5K refund it will go back out to me.

And I did fight tooth and nail bringing up dora and smartvincent and every other bit of info I found here. about calling cooperate blah blah blah

they said the reginal manager, actually they said they called another regional manager that changed districts but they still were in contact with and both said no way only the 7K is available.

after I got out of finance my sales person said that one of the regional managers called back said I had 2 available discount codes 1 for 7 K and one they could not see the amount on so it looks like I will get something back.

They did also up my trade in 300 to cover the cost of taxes I would have to pay on the 5K.
Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
So I spent almost 4 hours at the dealer Tuesday trying to get my Pro, had phone calls with sales and finance yesterday, and I'm awaiting response from them to two emails, but the bottom line is my dealership is insisting I only get one discount, not both. Finance guy even said, "Ford told us the price protection doesn't apply." I believe he's referencing the regional rep they called. This wouldn't be the first time a regional rep had given bad information to a dealer, unfortunately. I get the impression a lot of these guys go with their gut and say "There wouldn't be two discounts." I get the confusion on first blush. What I don't get is the continued insistence that regardless of how much information I provide, it's wrong.

Unfortunately it appears they're treating the order agreement I signed in August as a worthless document, and the word of their internet sales manager (in writing) that I'd both be eligible for the private offer and the most I would pay would be the $46,974 also was worthless. It's pretty disappointing, given the dealership markets itself as a no-nonsense, no-dealer-fee, up-front-pricing operation.

What I'd asked for earlier was after hours of scouring the forums and elsewhere trying to find one document in particular, a one-pager, that outlined the application of the price protection to these Pro orders. I may be misremembering but I swear a clarifying memo was put out by Ford on this that I've seen (not the one with the chart talking about all of the trims). Any direct statement from anyone in Ford corporate saying both the price protection and private offer would apply may be just as good, but I don't have that, either. In the mean time, I'm in limbo, and I'm not getting the best vibe from the salesman. The finance guy is at least being receptive, but is unconvinced at the moment.
That is a shame. it appears about 50/50 for people to get the October price protection upfront or as a future check. But not sure of anyone not getting either. I just saw someone on Facebook yesterday post they got both the 7k and 5k off at time of the deal. I’m dumbfounded why this is so difficult. Now there is another Pro price increase it is going to be even crazier for any wave 1 people still unbuilt.

Last edited:

Dirtriderx99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
@indubitalist Does this help? It’s what I sent my dealer and it helped the transaction go smooth.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) AF4094C7-172F-48E3-8283-8B160B4C33AE

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
With the small amount of Pro's sold and covered by the double rebate I can see how dealers don't know how to handle it and I bet are very reluctant to actually call the regional managers because they don't want to look like fools so they just say they contact them.

they also don't want to eat the 5K if it really is not owed so they take the safe route and let the customer deal with it.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
@indubitalist Does this help? It’s what I sent my dealer and it helped the transaction go smooth.

AF4094C7-172F-48E3-8283-8B160B4C33AE.png
Thanks for this, but unfortunately they already had seen it and it didn't sway them at all. They tried to say my truck isn't a commercial or government customer so this document doesn't regard my order... even though it says right in the document that converted retail orders are covered by the protection.

Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
With the small amount of Pro's sold and covered by the double rebate I can see how dealers don't know how to handle it and I bet are very reluctant to actually call the regional managers because they don't want to look like fools so they just say they contact them.

they also don't want to eat the 5K if it really is not owed so they take the safe route and let the customer deal with it.
And I've mentioned that to them -- that I get why there's confusion given how few Pros qualify and how recently they started delivering, but that there's definitely a way. I even mentioned that the tracker we're all on shows that basically everyone who has taken delivery of a Pro either got the price protection and private offer right on the spot or they got an IOU. I haven't seen anyone who didn't get one of those, meaning if my dealer stonewalls this all the way to a failed deal they would be the first one in the country that we're aware of having outright refused to consider the price protection.

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
your dealer wants you to back out so he can get the ADM on the next guy that walks in to buy it

And I've mentioned that to them -- that I get why there's confusion given how few Pros qualify and how recently they started delivering, but that there's definitely a way. I even mentioned that the tracker we're all on shows that basically everyone who has taken delivery of a Pro either got the price protection and private offer right on the spot or they got an IOU. I haven't seen anyone who didn't get one of those, meaning if my dealer stonewalls this all the way to a failed deal they would be the first one in the country that we're aware of having outright refused to consider the price protection.

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
your dealer wants you to back out so he can get the ADM on the next guy that walks in to buy it
I've certainly considered that. This is a really unusual situation in the car-selling industry, where they have a car they know they can sell at a steep markup but can't do that to me, so they really could deliberately make the deal unattractive in hopes I'll walk away. All they'd be risking is their reputation for being easy to deal with, right? What's the harm?

The thing is, that's fraud if it's deliberate, if they honestly don't care if I'm supposed to get price-protected or not, they're just not going to price-protect the deal. I switched to their dealer because my original dealer wanted to charge a $5,000 ADM. I asked the dealer right before I signed the purchase agreement with them to clarify if I would be precluded from getting a discount if I signed the purchase agreement. They said I would not be, this is just a statement saying this is the most I would be asked to pay, then I get to the signing table and they increased the price by... you guessed it, $5,000. I really hope they see reason here and will at least give me an IOU on the $5,000, since we all know Ford says that's the deal.

bryko

First Name
bryko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, '22 Corolla, '13 Escape
Occupation
Engineer
If you are referring to the “final inspections” part, that is standard language in the built email. Hopefully ford can beat their estimate!
That makes me have some hope but now my window sticker has disappeared from the website for several days now so the whole thing seems to be going backwards.

Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is a shame. it appears about 50/50 for people to get the October price protection upfront or as a future check. But not sure of anyone not getting either. I just saw someone on Facebook yesterday post they got both the 7k and 5k off at time of the deal. I’m dumbfounded why this is so difficult. Now there is another Pro price increase it is going to be even crazier for any wave 1 people still unbuilt.
Yeah, I fear for any additional complication to this process. I just want to take home the truck I've waited 18 months for. To have a brick wall pop up out of the ground right as I'm reaching for the door handle is just... painful. I did mention to them that of the 18 people in the tracker who've taken delivery, I believe everyone but me has either gotten both rebates on the spot or been given an IOU. I also have not seen anyone mention getting neither the price protection up front nor an IOU for it.

markeyv

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
architect
my train car arrived at its station today at 12:15am within 15 minutes of the dealership. Dealer says they should have it on the lot within 7 days max. Getting closer 🤞

UFLightning

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
my train car arrived at its station today at 12:15am within 15 minutes of the dealership. Dealer says they should have it on the lot within 7 days max. Getting closer 🤞
The railcar my Lightning is on arrived in Miami last night for offload. My delivery ETA also shifted from 12/13-12/19 to 12/25-12/31 on the Ford website, hopefully it's conservative and won't take that long to get trucked the final ~80 miles to the dealership.

Anyone have access to United Road tracking? My VIN shows up but I was denied registration to track in more detail ("dealership and customers only").

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, boys, she's home. The dealer did some more inquiring with Ford and reconciling their own intuition with my order, and said they'd give me the $5,000 price protection and the $7,000 private offer. They gave me the good news early this afternoon and I drove home my very fast, very first new vehicle tonight. I'm having a hard time believing it's here, and it's been home maybe an hour now. It's been great so far. I started laughing when I first floored it and it pulled me into the seat back, silently launching me into the distance. It's been such a long journey to this point, it's amazing to finally be here. The persistence with the dealer paid off. They said it helped that I was so even-tempered about it, in spite of the difficulties. I think it took me seven conversations and four or five emails to make my case, but it worked, and another dealer now knows how this process works. They said they hope they don't have any more like this, but if they do, they're ready.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
Well, boys, she's home. The dealer did some more inquiring with Ford and reconciling their own intuition with my order, and said they'd give me the $5,000 price protection and the $7,000 private offer. They gave me the good news early this afternoon and I drove home my very fast, very first new vehicle tonight. I'm having a hard time believing it's here, and it's been home maybe an hour now. It's been great so far. I started laughing when I first floored it and it pulled me into the seat back, silently launching me into the distance. It's been such a long journey to this point, it's amazing to finally be here. The persistence with the dealer paid off. They said it helped that I was so even-tempered about it, in spite of the difficulties. I think it took me seven conversations and four or five emails to make my case, but it worked, and another dealer now knows how this process works. They said they hope they don't have any more like this, but if they do, they're ready.
Oh yay 😃 happy day. We all hit the jackpot with this deal. I wonder how many total Pros were ordered in wave 1 total.
Sponsored

Last edited: