• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
I got a call from my dealer today to say my Pro arrived yesterday, Dec. 12. Not sure if that means Ford jumped the gun on the "complete your purchase" email last week or not, but they sent me pictures today so it's definitely there now.
Sponsored

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
@timwren @alexose @pdxmadman have you guys looked into the Oregon clean vehicle rebate for your lightning? They don’t list the 2023 as being qualified yet, but I did give them a call and they said they were looking into it. I wondered if any of you had heard anything or had any luck claiming the rebate

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
I got a call from my dealer today to say my Pro arrived yesterday, Dec. 12. Not sure if that means Ford jumped the gun on the "complete your purchase" email last week or not, but they sent me pictures today so it's definitely there now.
Finally! Glad to hear it was actually delivered.

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
Mine was finally moved to built with an ETA of January 1-7. Bad luck since it won't qualify for the rebate next year.

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
@timwren @alexose @pdxmadman have you guys looked into the Oregon clean vehicle rebate for your lightning? They don’t list the 2023 as being qualified yet, but I did give them a call and they said they were looking into it. I wondered if any of you had heard anything or had any luck claiming the rebate

Same response I've received but I pinged them again with the final sale docs.

Sponsored

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
Mine was finally moved to built with an ETA of January 1-7. Bad luck since it won't qualify for the rebate next year.
We only have one other MY23 from UT. His truck took 19 days from ship to deliver. For the MY22 trucks, there were 3 going to UT. 15, 47, and 13 days from ship to deliver.

If we were not coming up on a holiday, I would say there is a moderate chance you could get a 2022 delivery, but all things considered I'm downgrading it to a small chance.

But hey, it ain't over until we are singing Auld Lang Syne.

benredington

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Just noticed my shipping has updated from 12/9-12/15 to 12/15-12/21. Hopefully it will ship and arrive soon™. This process is testing my patience.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
For the guys in our week who have gotten their trucks and had them longer than a week... has anyone had trouble with the frunk? (Bleh. I hate that word) Mine just broke yesterday, not even 200 miles on the truck and literally half came yesterday. I'm hoping I just got a defective unit and nobody else with more miles had any issues. @jimfigler, you've had identical weather and temperatures to me...any noises? Creaks? Unexplained stops/starts?

Jajar1124

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 VW Atlas
Dude, my dealer has an xlt on the lot recently delivered with a blend date 3 days before mine… and mines still in a rail lot in Michigan. Wtf

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
For the guys in our week who have gotten their trucks and had them longer than a week... has anyone had trouble with the frunk? (Bleh. I hate that word) Mine just broke yesterday, not even 200 miles on the truck and literally half came yesterday. I'm hoping I just got a defective unit and nobody else with more miles had any issues. @jimfigler, you've had identical weather and temperatures to me...any noises? Creaks? Unexplained stops/starts?
That stinks. Is totally busted now or just noisy. To be honest i have only opened it 4 times and that was in the first day or two just to show people.

Sponsored

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm having trouble with the dealer. I was supposed to drive my Pro home last night, but they're insisting I'm only eligible for the $7,000 private offer if I agree to the $51,974 MSRP, they seemed blindsided by me mentioning that both the price protection and the private offer apply to the deal, and would not agree to it last night, so I went home with the assurance they'd look into it today. Salesman called today to basically tell me Ford, their regional rep and everything they've looked at says I get one or the other, not both discounts. I'm trying to offer as clear of a directive from Ford as I can on this, but I'm not sure if it's going to work. Does anyone have handy the assertions from Ford brass that both were meant to be applied and that the intent was to get the price back to $39,974 as it was when we were first invited to order?

• Angry
Reactions: s_c

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I'm having trouble with the dealer. I was supposed to drive my Pro home last night, but they're insisting I'm only eligible for the $7,000 private offer if I agree to the $51,974 MSRP, they seemed blindsided by me mentioning that both the price protection and the private offer apply to the deal, and would not agree to it last night, so I went home with the assurance they'd look into it today. Salesman called today to basically tell me Ford, their regional rep and everything they've looked at says I get one or the other, not both discounts. I'm trying to offer as clear of a directive from Ford as I can on this, but I'm not sure if it's going to work. Does anyone have handy the assertions from Ford brass that both were meant to be applied and that the intent was to get the price back to $39,974 as it was when we were first invited to order?
That sucks man. The only advice I can give is to point to Fords own price protection policy, there’s a pdf from ford corporate around the forum somewhere, and the two dealer memos from ford regarding the private cash offer and the second price hike, which clearly states that existing retail orders are not affected by. I’d keep asking them, politely, to run it up the chain through ford, and tell them there are lots of examples of other dealers honoring the price at the time of the order. You can request the DORA sheet from the time the order was placed, and that should reflect the correct msrp. Good luck!

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Check up in this thread or the thread dedicated to the topic of price protection for pros. I'm on my phone so sorry I can't easily provide links.

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
my end of the line photo showed up

Now I know why it was in shipping so long

the camo seat covers are a giveaway they took it hunting

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/24 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) lightnin

indubitalist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I spent almost 4 hours at the dealer Tuesday trying to get my Pro, had phone calls with sales and finance yesterday, and I'm awaiting response from them to two emails, but the bottom line is my dealership is insisting I only get one discount, not both. Finance guy even said, "Ford told us the price protection doesn't apply." I believe he's referencing the regional rep they called. This wouldn't be the first time a regional rep had given bad information to a dealer, unfortunately. I get the impression a lot of these guys go with their gut and say "There wouldn't be two discounts." I get the confusion on first blush. What I don't get is the continued insistence that regardless of how much information I provide, it's wrong.

Unfortunately it appears they're treating the order agreement I signed in August as a worthless document, and the word of their internet sales manager (in writing) that I'd both be eligible for the private offer and the most I would pay would be the $46,974 also was worthless. It's pretty disappointing, given the dealership markets itself as a no-nonsense, no-dealer-fee, up-front-pricing operation.

What I'd asked for earlier was after hours of scouring the forums and elsewhere trying to find one document in particular, a one-pager, that outlined the application of the price protection to these Pro orders. I may be misremembering but I swear a clarifying memo was put out by Ford on this that I've seen (not the one with the chart talking about all of the trims). Any direct statement from anyone in Ford corporate saying both the price protection and private offer would apply may be just as good, but I don't have that, either. In the mean time, I'm in limbo, and I'm not getting the best vibe from the salesman. The finance guy is at least being receptive, but is unconvinced at the moment.
Sponsored