• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

10 days to fix battery monitor sensor - CSP23B70

RST

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 35d, VW ID.4, '23' Lightning Pro, & 4 Bikes
Occupation
Retired
Where did you get it for that price? I'm not seeing it that cheap. It's worth it for $30 to do it myself that deal with the dealer.
I searched eBay for the part #. Found one listed by Timbrook Ford, in Maryland. They had 2 available a few weeks ago, when I ordered mine..... don't know about now. The part number listed earlier is the one I searched for, and the one on the Ford labeled parts box I received. However the part itself had # ML3T-10C652-BA on it. Others on this forum have reported this same oddity.
Sponsored

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I was purposely holding off on this one for exactly the reasons listed here. Even though they know I am coming in on a certain day, they will take my truck, then order the part, and make me drive a gasser for 2 weeks, then call me and tell me nothing was done.

So when I got a call out of the blue from the dealer offering to send a mobile tech out to perform the work, I jumped on it. Turns out the dealer recently got smart. They put in as if they already have the truck so they can order the parts, then when the part arrives they will come out and actually perform the work. It's a step in the right direction.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I called my local ford dealer today to address CSP23B70 which is the LVB monitor sensor. The letter from Ford says this should take a half day. My dealer said they could not order parts until they had my truck. It will take five days to order parts once they have it then five days to install as they said the entire HVB has to come off for the service. Thus they said I’ll be without my truck for at least 10 days (they are giving me a loaner). Anyone else hearing similar? Seems crazy that such a small software/hardware update requires 10 days.
I don't know why some dealers are so inept to doing recalls. This is borderline maddening. I gave my dealer a call, told them of the recall, which they were aware, gave me a date that will work with me, picked up my truck from my home, and by the end of the day they delivered my truck back to my residence. I don't understand where this 10 days "crap" comes from. Any other dealer to work with in your area???

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
I had the sensor replaced on Feb 1st after making the appointment 5 weeks earlier. I bought the truck last July and had not gotten an OTA update and the dealer thought it might be the sensor. I left the truck for the day and they changed the part.

I got the letter from Ford the next day, but no updates.

just got the first update last night.
Sponsored