• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

18" vs 20" OEM Wheels for Battery Range

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
1.8-2.0 miles per kWh @80mph? I simply cannot believe it.
I try to keep it under 80 but those are the kind of numbers I see cruising at 78-79. More on the low side of that, but I don't know that I've ever seen a dip down below 1.7 except in the absolute deepest winter - which is pretty deep around here.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Also last night did the return leg of one of my trips, 30 degrees, charged to 85%. I averaged 1.4m/kwh until I finally slowed down and drafted a semi, at which point I was able to get 1.8m/kwh at 69mph drafting for about 40 miles.

I made it home with 4% SOC. Averaged 1.5m/kwh on the total trip.

That's too precarious. Not being able to do one way of my trip without charging along the way is absolutely a non-starter.
Not sure what to say - 1.4 is the kind of number I see in 10F weather with my 18" winter wheels and snows mounted, blasting along on the highway in the high 70s late for a race. I have some trouble believing the AT tires make _that_ much of a difference...

OP
OP
simbaesq

simbaesq

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat ER
Not sure what to say - 1.4 is the kind of number I see in 10F weather with my 18" winter wheels and snows mounted, blasting along on the highway in the high 70s late for a race. I have some trouble believing the AT tires make _that_ much of a difference...
What tires and wheels do you have?
Sponsored