• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

1st road trip completed

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
After 2 months and about 1400 miles owning my Lariat ER, we decided it was time for a road trip. Just a 580 mile overnight jaunt to see fall colors in Northern Arkansas, but enough to require several chargings. Thoughts:

First, Arkansas particularly Northern Arkansas is a bit of a charging desert. it's the lower end of the Ozark mountains so I had to plot carefully. But using Ford Pass and the $250 credit Ford loads when you purchase a new lightning I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. Just plug in the cable and the rest was automatic. In a EA station at the Clarksville, AR Walmart we used my phones HotSpot and watched youtube videos while getting a 30 minute charge. Impressed my wife! For the entire trip I got 2.3 miles/k The Guess-O-Meter was just that. It had me a little concerned early in the trip until it unexpectedly jumped from estimated range of 120 all the way to 210. Couldn't pinpoint the exact time it jumped so no explanation as to how or why.

Using android auto playing my own music from my phone I had to change the volume for literally every single song 3-5db. thank heaven for the volume controls on the steering wheel. I think it's an Android auto problem as I've never noticed it before. will have to experiment more with that when in my driveway this week.

The phone charging pad is a nice feature but android auto and streaming music at the same time uses more juice than the pad is capable of delivering so I had to connect with a cable. also it's real had to see whether it's actually connected. the phone icon is very small and as normal with a charging pad requires exact positioning to work.

Don't know how or why but the Ford Pass charge logs do not show 2 of the 4 charging stops we made.

Overall it was a great trip and I love the Lightning. We actually missed peak colors by about a week but it was a beautiful drive that we take several times each year.
Sponsored