• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Longest Standard Range Road Trip

mags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Pro SR
Occupation
Computer Things
Got a bunch of questions for you. We do Maine trips from Maryland almost every year but I was not brave enough to do it last year without superchargers. we are usually on the coast and fast charging was not great there.

Did you go up and come back in one day or you had an overnight stay somewhere with charging?
Were you doing public charging throughout the trip?
Any tips?

Tesla has listed two super chargers on the coast available to me but plugshare has listed only one as such:
I live in midcoast Maine. There are DC chargers in Rockland, Belfast, and Ellsworth on the way to MDI. Continuing up the coast past Acadia doesn't look great on Plugshare.
If you are going to Baxter State park, the last fast charger is in Bangor (this is a trip I have not done yet in an EV).

EDIT: by the way, those Tesla chargers in Rockland are not activated yet. Supposedly will be turned on by the end of the month (March 2024).

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I live in midcoast Maine. There are DC chargers in Rockland, Belfast, and Ellsworth on the way to MDI. Continuing up the coast past Acadia doesn't look great on Plugshare.
If you are going to Baxter State park, the last fast charger is in Bangor (this is a trip I have not done yet in an EV).

EDIT: by the way, those Tesla chargers in Rockland are not activated yet. Supposedly will be turned on by the end of the month (March 2024).
May I ask what is your electricity rates at home? Including delivery, taxes and fees.

mags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Pro SR
Occupation
Computer Things
May I ask what is your electricity rates at home? Including delivery, taxes and fees.
right now it's $0.18 kWh on the CMP standard plan (Generation .10, delivery .8)
I can bring it down with community solar (generation) and moving to time-of-use billing for delivery (CMP), I just haven't made the effort yet

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
right now it's $0.18 kWh on the CMP standard plan (Generation .10, delivery .8)
I can bring it down with community solar (generation) and moving to time-of-use billing for delivery (CMP), I just haven't made the effort yet
I was asking so I know how much to pay the owner if I use electricity for Charging my Pro out of their dryer plug.

Time of use in my area (BG&E) does not make a whole lot of sense. standard plan is $0.11/kWh ($0.18 with delivery and fees). Time of use brings it down to $0.09/kWh off peak but raise it to $0.36/kWh peak). I like to charge the truck during day in winter and at night in summer but even without that, I still may pay more with TOU. I would definitely do the math before you switch.

Last edited:

Ecstatic

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘03 Highlander, ‘83 Landcruiser, ‘22 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Temporarily retired
A year ago I flew to NJ to buy my Pro SR demo and drove it 3000 miles back home in 5 degree temperatures. Never having driven an EV, the only problem I had the whole trip was my very first charging stop in the charging desert of central PA at an EA charging station where the whole parking lot was completely excavated and the 4 new replacement chargers were all wrapped in shrink wrap. Only then did I realize Google charger reviews are listed by most relevant rather than most recent. I spent several hours at a free level 2 charging station educating myself on Plugshare and ABRP and carefully planned my future charging stops. Although I couldn’t take (still can’t until I receive the adapter) the most direct routes on I-90 or I-80, I-70 had DCFC every 80 to 100 miles along the interstate. And remember, SR Lightnings don’t DC charge slower than ER Lightnings, but they may have to charge more frequently depending on the distance between chargers. I say “may”, because several times on my trips from Spokane to Portland I see the same ER Lightnings making the same charging stops at the same stations as I do.
Sponsored