• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2" vs 2.5" leveling kits

pjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford xlt regular cab 5.0
why do most people order a 2'' level kit and not a 2.5'' kit. are there any problems with having a 2.5'' kit
Sponsored

Reactions: fjr

Tom32

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum FX4, 2020 Explorer ST, 2010 XLT
I did a 2" lift because my measurements indicated that mine would have about 5/8" difference measured from the ground, from back to front with 2". I personally like just a wee bit of rake.
Also, at the time I did mine, the Roush/Fox 2.0 was the only product that I was certain would fit on the 2021's.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I think it is just a matter of preference. How big do you want to go and how much factory rake do you want to eliminate? Here is what factors I had to consider.

1.) How much taller can I go without causing me issues getting into the garage?
2.) How much height do I need to fit the desired tires (285/65-20)?
3.) I want to keep some of the rake in the truck, how much level will allow me to do so?

Again, just a matter of preference and desire for what you want your truck to look like.

Reactions: pjb
OP
OP

pjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think it is just a matter of preference. How big do you want to go and how much factory rake do you want to eliminate? Here is what factors I had to consider.

1.) How much taller can I go without causing me issues getting into the garage?
2.) How much height do I need to fit the desired tires (285/65-20)?
3.) I want to keep some of the rake in the truck, how much level will allow me to do so?

Again, just a matter of preference and desire for what you want your truck to look like.
THE SET UP IS WAS WANTING ARE 285/75/18 TIRE WHICH IS 33.9 TALL WITH A 18 X9 RIM AND A +12 MM OFFSET JUST NOT SURE IT WOULD FIT. THIS IS WHY I WANTED A 2.5 LEVEL THANKS

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Did you mean 34.9"? Here are your tires compared to mine. I think you would be very comfortable at 2.25" or 2.5" with those wheels, but check with your tire/wheel provider.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2" vs 2.5" leveling kits Tire compare.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP

pjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you mean 34.9"? Here are your tires compared to mine. I think you would be very comfortable at 2.25" or 2.5" with those wheels, but check with your tire/wheel provider.

Tire compare.JPG
thanks ,this helps

ttoptom1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, 2001 F 150 XLT
Occupation
retired
I did a 2" lift because my measurements indicated that mine would have about 5/8" difference measured from the ground, from back to front with 2". I personally like just a wee bit of rake.
Also, at the time I did mine, the Roush/Fox 2.0 was the only product that I was certain would fit on the 2021's.
I was told by dealer when I picked mine up that they could not install due to ride height sensor on A arm-Ready lift has a 2' kit that will work but they said computer had to be re-flashed. Did you have any problems with your lift? Thanks, Tom

Reactions: fjr

Tom32

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum FX4, 2020 Explorer ST, 2010 XLT
I was told by dealer when I picked mine up that they could not install due to ride height sensor on A arm-Ready lift has a 2' kit that will work but they said computer had to be re-flashed. Did you have any problems with your lift? Thanks, Tom
I didn't have a bit of problem with mine. Everything worked, lane keeping, the headlights auto-adjusted, etc.

ttoptom1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, 2001 F 150 XLT
Occupation
retired
I didn't have a bit of problem with mine. Everything worked, lane keeping, the headlights auto-adjusted, etc.
Thanks a lot-I'll be ordering mine in AM!
Sponsored