• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2021 leveling info with CCD suspension.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
If you have it, don't you have onboard scales and smarthitch too?
These are things you can spot with your eyes, as well as the Sync screen.

Hard to miss those 4 LED bars in the taillights.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2021 leveling info with CCD suspension. OIP (6)

Ford F-150 Lightning 2021 leveling info with CCD suspension. F-150-Onboard-Scales_Vehicle-Mode-740x493
Sponsored

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
Did you get the scales figured out? Any other issues? I have a limited with the ccd and am wanting the 2 in level you got or the 3.5 sst from ReadyLift. ReadyLift is telling my shop the 3.5 will work but not the 2 in level.
Took to the dealer this morning and all they had to do was a quick reset of the sensors and all is good now. It was hard to tell but the ride might have softened out a bit now that the sensors are reading again. CCD and onboard scales are fully functional.

FYI readylift has flipped flopped continuously on compatibility with the 2” level. It all depends on who you talk to any given day. The QA does explicitly state that the 2” is compatible despite the description. The sensors are not relocated at all and maintain their position on the strut assembly. It’s just a puck above it.

I hope being the Guinea pig helps y’all. Overall I’m pleased with the whole setup. Just check your scales after the level to make sure everything is functional. If not, it’s a quick fix at the dealer.

CapIrish

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
retired
Thanks Will. Much appreciated. I’m supposed to take it in Wednesday to try fitting the 3.5 sst lift but am going to have them install the level instead as that is what I’d prefer. Frustrating about all the conflicting fitment info

CapIrish

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
retired
The readylift 3.5 sst lift did not work on my limited powerboost with ccd fyi. It made the truck go haywire with codes and steering issues making it undriveable. Readylift was no help as they told my shop that they haven’t tested it on ccd suspension. Trying the 2 inch readylift now at the shop.

Sponsored

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
The readylift 3.5 sst lift did not work on my limited powerboost with ccd fyi. It made the truck go haywire with codes and steering issues making it undriveable. Readylift was no help as they told my shop that they haven’t tested it on ccd suspension. Trying the 2 inch readylift now at the shop.
Wowwwwww good to know! You should be fine with the 2” level. Sensors shouldn’t be touched.

Sponsored

CapIrish

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
retired
Unfortunately no. Going back to stock for the time being. Not sure what is up

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Unfortunately no. Going back to stock for the time being. Not sure what is up
Do you think it has to do with trying the SST kit first? All my shop said they had to do differently was rotate the strut to keep the sensors on the inside. Other than that it was the same as a non ccd install. I’ll try and post some pics later on. I’m actually going back to the shop today for a retorque and can ask for more info you need it?

CapIrish

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
retired
I’m not sure. It’s still at the shop. Any more info would be greatly appreciated, thank you. Which shop did you use if you don’t mind me asking? These guys have been talking to a network of installers trying to figure it out

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I’m not sure. It’s still at the shop. Any more info would be greatly appreciated, thank you. Which shop did you use if you don’t mind me asking? These guys have been talking to a network of installers trying to figure it out
Allout Offroad in Tomball, TX. They are certified readylift shop and talked to readylift prior to the install.
Sponsored