• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 Lightning - Heated and Cooled Seats

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Discussion and experience for heated and cooled seats. I'm going to start a few topics I hope to see some feedback on from owners. We are losing a lot of good discussion in delivery threads that will some day die off. It will be nice if we can have a place of on going discussions of certain features.
Sponsored

Chemeng1661

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER - Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve had my Lightning for one day. The cooled seats (and the Lariat seats in general) are amazing. The seats in this truck are the most comfortable seat that I have ever had in a vehicle. With the cooled seats, I can run the main A/C at a lower fan speed and remain comfortable.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I am looking forward to the ventilated seats on my Lariat.

When I got bummed I could not order an XLT (cloth seats) because I live in a hot desert southwest part of the US I was relieved to hear the Lariat has ventilated seats.

I will be using ventilation more than seat heating as our winters are very mild and hardly turn on the cabin heater.

Having had past vehicles with ventilated seating, I'd say that is super important to me.

Just hoping the leather seating surface is comfortable as my back and sciatica act up with hard leather seats...

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I’ve had my Lightning for one day. The cooled seats (and the Lariat seats in general) are amazing. The seats in this truck are the most comfortable seat that I have ever had in a vehicle. With the cooled seats, I can run the main A/C at a lower fan speed and remain comfortable.
That is what I was thinking, be able to run less AC. Just like in the winter, use the heated seat to run less cabin heat.

This will be interesting to see the % usage of juice. I've seen the pictures of the screen indicating where the power is used during a drive. The AC's truly don't seem to put a big hit on overall usage, but will be interesting to learn if the seats are included in the accessories category and are more efficient long term.

It may be negligible and truly I like the ventilated seat on during the summer anyway - it just helps to keep from sweating against a hot seat.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Are the back seats cooled in the lariat as well as heated?

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
The term ventilated and cooled seem to be used interchangeably, I had the impression they don’t actually cool rather blow air (ventilated??), perhaps an owner can confirm.
I've had the heated/cooled seats in my last 4 F-150's.

The "cooling" function is provided by an underseat fan that grabs air from the lower vents and pushes it up through the seat bottom and back. The heat function is actually a heating mat in the bottom and lumbar areas.

So not using your cooling function of your HVAC would also mean that your seat cooler(s) would be only pushing whatever air was coming through the vent system. Might as well open a window.

Modern vehicles run the compressor anytime the climate control (AC or Heat) is on to reduce the humidity (defog). The compressor only engages when it's required and is pretty efficient these days.

Add to that the cabin air filter keeps the vast majority of particulates out of the air in your truck.

I set my climate control to 71F and leave it. Fan speed is set to auto. I engage the seat cooler usually at "level one" and just leave it there all summer.

Mike
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN