• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

400w 120v Bed Outlet doesn't power much

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
My truck is an XLT 302A, it does not have Pro Power buttons anywhere, so I assume it does not have Pro Power. The window sticker shows it has "Onboard 400w Outlet" and the it has an outlet in the bed with 400w, 120v with the light always on. This outlet really doesn't run much expect phones, and small stuff. It would not run a blow dryer or vacuum. Am I doing something wrong or is this just a standard plug like on the inside and worthless for actual power tools? Just trying to get to know the trucks capabilities.
I tried a leaf blower yesterday and it stunk.
Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
My question also
From what I love read apparently the power wire isn’t very big and I’m not sure it will support a larger current if we upgraded the inverter.

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
From what I love read apparently the power wire isn’t very big and I’m not sure it will support a larger current if we upgraded the inverter.
That is unfortunate
Sponsored