• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Invictus

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
Just happened to me as well! Rear Ended while completely stopped at a red light. Bumper needs total replacement and rear quarter panel has a crease in the wheel well area. Merry Christmas to me.
I'm sorry to hear that brother...your side bed panel and bumper repair should be similar to mine if you want to take a look at the detailed work order linked above. Your taillight luckily didn't sustain any damage, that was a huge ticket item on my repair.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Invictus

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
So I'm happy to report that I just went and picked up my repaired vehicle this morning! :) The dealership did a fantastic job in my opinion, there is really no way you can tell that anything ever happened to it. :) Final cost to the dealership including my lightning rental vehicle for 17 days was $8695. The Tesla rental was only like $300 for the week so total cost for all repairs/rentals was just shy of $9k. They replaced all parts with brand new factory OEM pieces.

Ford F-150 Lightning 48hrs of ownership….rear ended! IMG_3701-2

Here is a picture with the bed off, thankfully you can see that there was zero frame damage or anything. :)

Ford F-150 Lightning 48hrs of ownership….rear ended! IMG_3510

I spoke to the representative from the dealership that sold me the vehicle about the diminished value after the reported repair in Carfax and he said the hit would be about 20%. He printed up a report showing me that info and signed it. I guess that will be a good starting point in negotiations with the insurance rep. $74k invoice x 20% is about $14,800 in diminished value if I were to sell it or trade it in right now. I'll keep you all updated on that front at the process moves forward.

I got the bedrug put back in, the Roll-N-Lock bed cover put back on and re-installed new tailgate lettering. It's back to where it was prior to the accident now. Ohh and also installed my vanity license plate that just came in a couple days ago finally. :cool:(y)

Ford F-150 Lightning 48hrs of ownership….rear ended! IMG_3697

Ford F-150 Lightning 48hrs of ownership….rear ended! IMG_3691

Ford F-150 Lightning 48hrs of ownership….rear ended! IMG_3700

Ford F-150 Lightning 48hrs of ownership….rear ended! IMG_3695

Ford F-150 Lightning 48hrs of ownership….rear ended! IMG_3693

Last edited:

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
So I'm happy to report that I just went and picked up my repaired vehicle this morning! :) The dealership did a fantastic job in my option, there is really no way you can tell that anything ever happened to it. :) Final cost to the dealership including my lightning rental vehicle for 17 days was $8695. The Tesla rental was only like $300 for the week so total cost for all repairs/rentals was just shy of $9k. They replaced all parts with brand new factory OEM pieces.

IMG_3701-2.jpg

Looks great and love that black/yellow CA plate name.

Here is a picture with the bed off, thankfully you can see that there was zero frame damage or anything. :)

IMG_3510.jpg

I spoke to the representative from the dealership that sold me the vehicle about the diminished value after the reported repair in Carfax and he said the hit would be about 20%. He printed up a report showing me that info and signed it. I guess that will be a good starting point in negotiations with the insurance rep. $74k invoice x 20% is about $14,800 in diminished value if I were to sell it or trade it in right now. I'll keep you all updated on that front at the process moves forward.

I got the bedrug put back in, the Roll-N-Lock bed cover put back on and re-installed new tailgate lettering. It's back to where it was prior to the accident now. Ohh and also installed my vanity license plate that just came in a couple days ago finally. :cool:(y)

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
That truck's pretty bad ass without the bed. Probably could hold its own with the car parked next to it. Glad to see you got some great work done!

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 ER Lightning Lariat, 22 Tahoe RST, 23 BMW X7
Occupation
Construction Planning and Sales
I'm sorry to hear that brother...your side bed panel and bumper repair should be similar to mine if you want to take a look at the detailed work order linked above. Your taillight luckily didn't sustain any damage, that was a huge ticket item on my repair.
Thanks. The repair estimate is super helpful. I am getting the ball rolling with the dealership tomorrow. Looks like a similar repair minus the tailgate piece. Glad your rig is back. Love the color.

Sponsored

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
6th Grade Teacher
Late to the party but unhappy to report that I was rear-ended on the freeway as I was about to exit on the slow lane on 99 on December 12th. Some damage to my rear bumper and trailer hitch cover, and that’s it. I barely felt the collision, but it most likely totaled the 2014 Toyota Corolla whose driver decided that was a good time to check her phone. Waiting on a new bumper and tow hitch, then I’ll have to wait months for the paint to cure to get the PPF replaced on the bumper.

Should I be looking into a diminished value claim too, is it too late, or is it unnecessary for a bumper swap?

OP
OP
Invictus

Invictus

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat SR
Should I be looking into a diminished value claim too, is it too late, or is it unnecessary for a bumper swap?
Sorry to hear about your accident, people surely can’t drive around us. 🤕

Statute of limitations on DV claims is either 12 or 18 months in California so it’s not too late. The biggest factor is whether the accident/repair will show up on CARFAX. If it will, then you can prob argue for a DV claim.

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
6th Grade Teacher

Statute of limitations on DV claims is either 12 or 18 months in California so it’s not too late. The biggest factor is whether the accident/repair will show up on CARFAX. If it will, then you can prob argue for a DV claim.
So once I find out if it shows up on the Carfax I would just contact the at-fault party’s insurance, correct?

Glad to see your F-150 back up and running @Invictus - I will keep an eye out for you on the road! And yes, surely there are too many people who aren’t safe drivers around here.

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 ER Lightning Lariat, 22 Tahoe RST, 23 BMW X7
Occupation
Construction Planning and Sales
Thanks. The repair estimate is super helpful. I am getting the ball rolling with the dealership tomorrow. Looks like a similar repair minus the tailgate piece. Glad your rig is back. Love the color.
So I'm happy to report that I just went and picked up my repaired vehicle this morning! :) The dealership did a fantastic job in my opinion, there is really no way you can tell that anything ever happened to it. :) Final cost to the dealership including my lightning rental vehicle for 17 days was $8695. The Tesla rental was only like $300 for the week so total cost for all repairs/rentals was just shy of $9k. They replaced all parts with brand new factory OEM pieces.

IMG_3701-2.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg
Got my truck back on 2/14. $5K to replace quarter panel, bumper and one sensor. Looks good as new. Time line wasn't awful, got hit 12/23, Dealer / body shop pre-ordered parts second week of January, Went into shop 2/2 picked up in 2/14. Three days of that was waiting for insurance to approve supplemental.

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
200 miles into ownership and I was at EA charging when a Walmart shopping cart blew into my truck and dented the c pillar. Body shop estimates it will cost $4,000 because they will have to take the bed off to get to the dented side panel off 🤮

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback

I had a scratch on a plastic bumper cover that showed up on CarFax.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Can you have items taken off of a Carfax report? We had a guy back into a car - had it on sentry video and he didn't stop - so we actually filled out a police report for a hit and run. Turns out there was no damage. However finding out now it is showing on Carfax. I need to research.
Sponsored