• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Adding power mirrors to XLT

Froman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER

fvineyard

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER, 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5
Occupation
IT Manager
Watching this thread.

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
Someone be the guinea pig?

VenomVol

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning XLT ER
I guess I volunteer as tribute. I've ordered the power folding mirrors, door switch, Boosted Grey Goose harness, and Forscan cable. I haven't found anyone posting that they've successfully done this on a Lightning yet, but I figured with all the switchgear and mirrors being shared parts with the ICE F150s that it should work, though I might end up with some expensive color matched mirror caps. Like other people have mentioned, It's just a pain to get into my garage without this feature, so this jumped to the top priority on the mod list.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Froman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER
how much were the mirrors? I've been looking on ebay but no one has a dual set of rapid red's available. I do see that two places sell painted caps for ~400 bucks.

I bought the door switch and boosted harness already, just waitin to find some mirrors at a somewhat decent price.

VenomVol

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning XLT ER
Mirrors were $450 each, so right around $1k with tax for both. That's quite a bit cheaper than what I've been seeing, so I went ahead. They're painted in Avalanche. All the others that I've seen with all the features (BLIS, 360, etc.) were like $800 each, and I saw one set of chrome ones for $1300, but they were gone before I decided to get them. The seller on ebay that I bought them from had them listed as taillight assemblies, and they had the color listed as "Avalanch" which maybe helped me out by reducing the traffic on them.

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
Mirrors were $450 each, so right around $1k with tax for both. That's quite a bit cheaper than what I've been seeing, so I went ahead. They're painted in Avalanche. All the others that I've seen with all the features (BLIS, 360, etc.) were like $800 each, and I saw one set of chrome ones for $1300, but they were gone before I decided to get them. The seller on ebay that I bought them from had them listed as taillight assemblies, and they had the color listed as "Avalanch" which maybe helped me out by reducing the traffic on them.
Please keep us posted on progress and document your process. It’s what makes these forums thrive!

beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning XLT SR 312A
I’m just trying to find avalanche, grey mirror caps

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
I’m just trying to find avalanche, grey mirror caps
i just bought some black ones from americantrucks.com for like $90 or something and had a shop here paint them AMB for me. i bought the mirror caps and handle covers and had them all painted. total of $300 all in.

Sponsored

beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning XLT SR 312A
i just bought some black ones from americantrucks.com for like $90 or something and had a shop here paint them AMB for me. i bought the mirror caps and handle covers and had them all painted. total of $300 all in.
which one on American trucks fit the vehicle. Our truck isn’t listed.

lSherlockl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro 22'
it will depend on your door harness, but really simple.

I had already upgraded my door harnesses for the remote entry (on a pro with tow tech) to the i believe XLT version of keyless entry (not lariat) so i was quite close

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding power mirrors to XLT 1712158994230-cb

but you need the power fold mirrors the door control switch, and or potentially the wires if needed.

I have some video when doing mine from awhile ago ill see if I can dig up. bright ideas to be helpful but much more annoying to edit and publish. I only had to pull wire from the door connector for the electrochromic mirror. the others are for the DDM/PDM to the top plug super simple. I can probably re-lookup the pins i used if you want to do it cheaper than BGG designs