• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Air Bags on the rear with CCD

JPSoup

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'82 CJ, '18 F150 KR, '22 F150 Platinum (soon)
Occupation
Sales
Hey all, got the truck on order ('22 platinum with 6.5' box, CCD, scales and as much else as I could order). Does anyone know if I can use the air bags from my 2018 on the '22 with the CCD system and not have issues?

I can't find the answer anywhere and appreciate the help.
Sponsored

Cajin Kevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Minister
I tried to have air lift air bags and a wireless compressor installed on my '21 Powerboost Lariat recently. Air Lift has not made any kits for this particular truck yet. Said it would be two months or more. Has to do with the lithium battery pushing everything further back. The gas tank gets in the way of the mounting brackets. So I doubt you'll be able to move your brackets.

OP
OP
JPSoup

JPSoup

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'82 CJ, '18 F150 KR, '22 F150 Platinum (soon)
Occupation
Sales
I tried to have air lift air bags and a wireless compressor installed on my '21 Powerboost Lariat recently. Air Lift has not made any kits for this particular truck yet. Said it would be two months or more. Has to do with the lithium battery pushing everything further back. The gas tank gets in the way of the mounting brackets. So I doubt you'll be able to move your brackets.
Cajin, thanks for the response. My goal is to remove them from the '18 and put them on the '22. It's been so long since I installed them on my '18. I thought that the bag/bracket is mounted between the axle and frame and wouldn't matter where they are. If they don't fit on the new truck, I'll sell the system instead of giving it to the dealer on trade.
Sponsored