• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CCD integration with Drive Modes

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
Finally got around to testing out how the CCD works in the various Drive Modes.

Most of the 2 weeks since delivery I’ve been using Eco mode seeing how the electric drive works in the PB and judging the uniqueness of all that in a truck. The handling and ride in that mode is noticeably soft and compliant n a desirable way with a bit of felt body roll if you drive harder into a turn. Yesterday gave it a test in Sport Mode and no doubt the engine power coupled with transmission shifts holding longer in lower gears is very impressive for seat of the pants torque & HP ! But the CCD steps up too and firms up the ride and felt body roll into turns is remarkably improved. Really impressive to me how that works. Supposedly the Tow/Haul mode has different CCD programming but I havnt tried that yet and don’t have anything to tow at the moment.

Anyway, thought I’d share my impressions of this option as When I included it on my order all I could fine was Ford Expedition folks on their forum that had the feature.
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
Thanks for posting, I was wondering how the suspension modes were selected. I was hoping you could set the suspension separately from the drive mode, like in the raptor. I wonder if Forscan will be able to program any changes? I know it's the vehicle dynamic module, which is not documented yet on the changes spreadsheet. Need my truck to investigate further.

OP
OP
Handle

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
I agree having some independent settings for the shocks would be good and hopefully some Forscan will emerge. Will be interested to test drive a similar F150 w/o CCD. So far this is the best riding F150 I’ve experienced.

SuperRaptor

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
I agree having some independent settings for the shocks would be good and hopefully some Forscan will emerge. Will be interested to test drive a similar F150 w/o CCD. So far this is the best riding F150 I’ve experienced.
That’s good to hear, I’m glad I ordered them.
Sponsored