• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Amp Research PowerSteps Not retracting

JZinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
I bought a set of Amp Research Power Steps in November 2023 to put on my 2023 Lariat ER. I have had three Platinum F150 ICE vehicles over the last 12 years and all had the power deployable steps. I'm not sure but I believe that Ford was using Amp Research steps up until 2021. Anyways, in 12 years I never had a single issue with my power steps. Fast forward to today January 14th 2023 and neither step will retract. As I stated earlier, I bought them in November 2023 and installed them in December 2023. This week was the first time they have been exposed to Nebraska winter weather. When returning home today I noticed that both steps attempted to retract but stopped quickly. Neither step has any snow or ice pack that would prevent them from retracting. It is 18 below outside but my truck is parked in my garage. After using a hairdryer for five minutes on the passenger side drive mechanism, the passenger step retracted. This is obviously not an acceptable solution. I have not contacted @Realtruck yet as it is a Sunday and they aren't in the office. I was going to try some WD40 but I'm waiting for the truck to "warm up" in the garage first. I had wanted to get the Extreme steps, with two motors, but they did not have them for the Lightning yet. I'm curious if anyone else has had similar issues with cold weather retraction. I checked the forum and it seemed most issues people had stemmed from debris and grime build up, which is not my issue. Any feedback would be great. Hopefully I can get ahold of @Realtruck tomorrow.
Sponsored

Downs08

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning, 22 E Transit, 22 Lexus RX350L
Occupation
Cabinet sales and installation
The only time I have had any issues with mine not going up is when the 12V battery had low voltage, which in extreme cold can happen. After recharging the battery sometimes I have to unplug the controller and plug it back in.