• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

AmpRoad vs Vevor vs other ?!

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
looking at the Vevor 32A 110-240 ($180) & AmpRoad 40A 110-240V ($320) for my mobile charger needs. I’ll be using an Emporia 48A at home so I just need this for emergency charging.

Both are:
•25ft
•110-240V

Vevor: 10/16/20/24/32A
AmpRoad: 10/16/24/32/40A

AmpRoad comes with better wall brackets that I prob won’t use. Also I highly doubt I’ll be using the extra 8A it can do since I’d be lucky to find a 30A (breaker) 240v most places??

Any experience to make this a no brainer decision? I want to save the $140 but will spend it if the AmpRoad is the no brainer.
Sponsored

cwstnsko

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I bought the VEVOR on a Black Friday deal for $153. I bought it to carry for mobile use, but I’ve been using it for the last few weeks as my main charger while I’m away from home for a bit. So far it is working perfectly and I like all the data on the display. The adjustable charging rate is a great feature and 32 amps is about as much power as I feel comfortable drawing continuously from a random 14-50, that was not installed specifically for EV charging. In the long term, I don’t expect I will use it a lot, but I’m very happy for the price I got it for.

xwing

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
I have the Amproad that I am using as my primary charger at home. I'm using it at 40 amps and so far seems to be working well. I originally bought a Zencar variable charger that was suppose to charge at 40 amps but would only do 32. In comparing the Zencar to the Amproad. The cord is thicker on the Amproad. I have a 120v adapter cord and both chargers worked at 120v as well with either 10 or 16 amp draw depending if you were on a 15 or 20 amp circuit.

OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the input guys! My other option was the Tesla mobile cord with an adapter since I want the adapter anyway. I think I can trust Tesla’s design over these random companies + it includes the 120 adapter already which is nice!

The Vevor just went up in price 😭

https://shop.tesla.com/product/mobile-connector

Does anybody know if we can reduce the current via the lightning infotainment system? The Tesla charger doesn’t have that feature internally

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Thanks for the input guys! My other option was the Tesla mobile cord with an adapter since I want the adapter anyway. I think I can trust Tesla’s design over these random companies + it includes the 120 adapter already which is nice!

Does anybody know if we can reduce the current via the lightning infotainment system? The Tesla charger doesn’t have that feature internally
You cannot adjust the truck. I started with the Tesla but have switched to the Amproad for my mobile charger due to this.

OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You cannot adjust the truck. I started with the Tesla but have switched to the Amproad for my mobile charger due to this.
Ahhh ok thank you!
Sponsored