• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Annoyance: The "DC charging flap"

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
xxx
Ah. So it's two steps to squeeze the handle and withdraw it?
For completeness's sake, I considered it two different steps - but if you want to collapse them into one, then it's the same on my comparison as well, with one exception: on the HPWC, its holder doesn't require you to press the button to release it from its wall holder. I edited the original post for clarity.

Pushing the button on the EA charger is a BAD IDEA. I say this from experience, mine and others. It can cause the session to abruptly end on EA's side, resulting in several things. First, red ring on the vehicle (which isn't a big deal), and more importantly hanging up your EA account and causing future usage that day (at least) to be problematic. We had to get ours reset by EA and it caused havoc for hours that day on our trip. Always push the button in the vehicle's ring, then wait until you see that the session has ended on EA's screen, then remove the handle.
Thank you for the advice. I made an assumption that it performed the same function as the J1772 proximity release or the white-button release in the truck and that EA's software could handle it. :)
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.