• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone install the Ford Dash Cam?

white lightnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
I do not like messing around with electronics in vehicles. Has anyone purchased the ford dash cams and installed them? If so did you have to remove trim or anything like that to get a clean install, or was it plug and play? Any comments about the ford accessories sold dash cams?
Sponsored

swapeasy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Steel delivery
I have the single one here. My truck has been in the shop for 12 days trying to fix the door handle, so I thought they could install it for me as it is a ford approved part....nope, no of the service techs would do it since it is an all electric vehicle and it needs to be connected to the OBD port. They think it might cause interference with some other part. It is an approved Ford part but only for the ICE versions not BEV so far. I may try it after I get the truck back and will let you know if it works good or not.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I have the single one here. My truck has been in the shop for 12 days trying to fix the door handle, so I thought they could install it for me as it is a ford approved part....nope, no of the service techs would do it since it is an all electric vehicle and it needs to be connected to the OBD port. They think it might cause interference with some other part. It is an approved Ford part but only for the ICE versions not BEV so far. I may try it after I get the truck back and will let you know if it works good or not.
You are just having the worst luck.

I will do a shot of tequila to will good things to happen for you right now. Who's with me??

swapeasy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Steel delivery
LOL oh man I guess I should not have stopped drinking then.
Bottoms up to ya

OP
OP

white lightnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
I wonder what would happen if I pay for the instillation when I buy the part?

swapeasy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Steel delivery
I really think it depends on your dealer and or the tech, weather or not they would do the install
Sponsored