• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Audio System Upgrades

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
along similar lines, I am looking to install an underseat subwoofer, which can use Line In from either RCA, or direct from a speaker. I suspect the Ford head does not have RCA connections.

What speaker might be best to try to utilize, and if it's a door-mounted speaker, does the speaker cover come off, or is it part of the whole door panel?
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
along similar lines, I am looking to install an underseat subwoofer, which can use Line In from either RCA, or direct from a speaker. I suspect the Ford head does not have RCA connections.

What speaker might be best to try to utilize, and if it's a door-mounted speaker, does the speaker cover come off, or is it part of the whole door panel?
This sounds like a thread of its own or in a stereo thread. Please keep this one dedicated to the cupholder and media/glove box light.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

Have you considered taping the wiring to the OEM audio booster (I think that’s what it is) located behind the center rear seat accessed by lowering the driver’s side passenger seat?

OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
nope, but I'll take a look for that... do you mean the driver's side REAR seat?
that's the one rear seat that I can't figure out HOW to lower...

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
nope, but I'll take a look for that... do you mean the driver's side REAR seat?
that's the one rear seat that I can't figure out HOW to lower...
Yep. I installed this Builtright Industries latch pull (5-min. install) for ready access:

https://builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-ford-f-series-rear-seat-release-kit

Even if you don’t buy one, their installation video shows a quck way to release the seat back latch using a closed end 10mm wrench…….

Sponsored
OP
OP
hturnerfamily

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
yes, I'll also figure out a simple mod to easily bring down that back seat rest.... I got it down last night, and will look for a tap in today for the speakers.