• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

B/O upgrade over stock audio worth it?

Chenko24

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 Ecobbost 3.5L tuned + performance mods
Occupation
Supervisor
Got my 2021 last Thursday. I got the B&O upgrade as it was part of the package that was on the turck. I was dissapointed in the sub. I've had the Sony upgrade in my last truck 2012. That had some bass but not like a aftermarket as we know. But I heard good things that the B&O is better than Sony was. Well I'd say the door speakers sound fairly good but I dont get any sort of sub feel from the sub. Today I dropped the truck off to have something done to it. They give me a 2019 with the B&O system. I turn the radio on and holy cow its got bass like real bass. I look back under the seat and see that the sub box is behind the seat as it should be. and its not aftermarket. I call the salesmen out to show him. we tuned both trucks to the same rap channel and there was such a difference he thought the 19 had aftermarket. So I showed him. he was floored like I was.

I had to go but asked him to look into the system and maybe something was wrong with mine. I think he's going to try and see if they have another 302A package with the B&O to compare with.

After that I'm now extremely dissapointed in the 2021 B&O SUb. Garbage. Luckily I have my 2 x 10" and setup still. I have test fit it and the box fits in the new truck just fine. Honestly if they replace my sub and it is as good as the one from the 2019 I'll be happy and sell my after market stuff and put it towards bigger tires.
Sponsored

Efrommel

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
Occupation
Videographer
You guys have the upgrade part number for the B&O upgrade, so i can take it to the dealership and purchase it?

Efrommel

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
Occupation
Videographer
I think thats the number to add it before buying the truck. I already got it from the dealer. Now im looking to purchase the parts individualy or as a kit.
Sponsored