• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battling dealers trying to sneak ADM in even when the accepted order says $0 ADM (Tri-Ford, Highland, IL)

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Would like to hear others' experiences with dealers who are trying to hide ADM from Ford by accepting the order online, then reaching out and saying "need you to sign a buyer's order" that includes an additional $5k ADM.

Friend of mine placed his order, accepted by the dealer online, with a $0 on the E24 line (difference from MSRP) of his order. The dealer immediately reached out and said "we're adding $5k to the price because of the demand". Sounds like they're trying to fly under the Ford ADM radar by not placing ADM on the order itself, and I think it locks the order to the dealer so you can't move to a new dealer once they "accept" the order.

I've advised him not to sign the new buyer's order, and to contact Ford. I would think the dealer accepting Ford's order online with a $0 ADM should be enough to force them to accept those terms, but not sure.

Anyone else experience this? What was the outcome?

(UPDATE: I've heard that the dealer will be honoring the $0 ADM price for my friend.)

Dealer is Tri-Ford in Highland, IL.

Here's what he all received:
Ford F-150 Lightning Battling dealers trying to sneak ADM in even when the accepted order says $0 ADM (Tri-Ford, Highland, IL) order1
Ford F-150 Lightning Battling dealers trying to sneak ADM in even when the accepted order says $0 ADM (Tri-Ford, Highland, IL) order2
Ford F-150 Lightning Battling dealers trying to sneak ADM in even when the accepted order says $0 ADM (Tri-Ford, Highland, IL) order3
Sponsored

Last edited:

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
I would not sign that document and then I'd look for a different dealer to switch my order too

hamd1786

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Camaro LT1, 22 Tacoma SR, 22 F-150 Lariat- wait
if your friend is willing to drive Granger Ford in Iowa has a good rep on this forum and other forums. Des Moines is like 300 miles from Highland not a lot when the savings are immense. 180 doc fee vs 303 in IL not to mention 4% under invoice

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
This is the definition of a bait and switch.

Unfortunately, they have little recourse after the order is accepted by the dealer because then the order becomes "theirs." I'd reach out to the sales manager and try to get as much communication in writing as possible. If that fails, I would refuse to sign the purchase agreement, call the Ford Lightning customer service line and blast them on social media and via reviews. Ford Corporate may try to intervene on their behalf, but this hasn't been something I've seen happen consistently on the forums.

I would not cancel the order until they've exhausted every option. If they cancel they'll lose their opportunity to order the lightning and the dealer will get to keep the allocation and get rewarded for their bad behavior.

Last edited:
OP
OP

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is the definition of a bait and switch.

Unfortunately, they have little recourse after the order is accepted by the dealer because then the order becomes "theirs." I'd reach out to the sales manager and try to get as much communication in writing as possible. If that fails, I would refuse to sign the purchase agreement, call the Ford Lightning customer service line and blast them on social media and via reviews. Ford Corporate may try to intervene on their behalf, but this hasn't been something I've seen happen consistently on the forums.

I would not cancel the order until they've exhausted every option. If they cancel they'll lose their opportunity to order lightning and the dealer will get to keep the allocation and get rewarded for their bad behavior.
This is basically what I advised him. I told him to call up the dealership, ask to speak to the sales manager, and tell them "I have an online Ford order, accepted by you, with $0 ADM (line E24). Your buyer's order shows a different price. I know that Ford has told all of the dealerships doing this to knock it off, and that Ford has explained that you will likely lose additional allocations of vehicles for doing this - and I suspect that's why you're hiding this ADM on the buyer's order sheet instead of in the web order. I am escalating to Ford's regional sales team and asking them to move this order to another dealership without the ADM. I want to make it clear that I am NOT canceling this order until I hear back from Ford."

Anything else he should be doing?

Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
This is basically what I advised him. I told him to call up the dealership, ask to speak to the sales manager, and tell them "I have an online Ford order, accepted by you, with $0 ADM (line E24). Your buyer's order shows a different price. I know that Ford has told all of the dealerships doing this to knock it off, and that Ford has explained that you will likely lose additional allocations of vehicles for doing this - and I suspect that's why you're hiding this ADM on the buyer's order sheet instead of in the web order. I am escalating to Ford's regional sales team and asking them to move this order to another dealership without the ADM. I want to make it clear that I am NOT canceling this order until I hear back from Ford."

Anything else he should be doing?
That sounds perfect. As soon as its sent call Ford and ask to escalate, IMO. Don't give them the chance to play more games; they can either honor it quickly or your friend is on the path to moving dealers.

Saved myself $31k going with Granger in IA. My sis lived in Highland, IL for a few years--nice little town. Sounds like they ought to lose their dealership, however.

OP
OP

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saved myself $31k going with Granger in IA. My sis lived in Highland, IL for a few years--nice little town. Sounds like they ought to lose their dealership, however.
They pretty much are, Lou Fusz in St. Louis is buying them up and taking them over in a month.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
If you get it in writing and have the original contract you can also report them to your state AG.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
With how FoMoCo is not happy with their franchised dealers overcharging customers, I would get that document and send it to Ford and have them change to a true $0 ADM dealer.

It can be done - just involves Ford to switch delivery dealers.

That's all that the dealers are doing - accepting delivery of customer ordered vehicles.

For what little work they have to do - getting MSRP is easy profit IMO.

As @pstansel said - also give that document to your State AG. I know I would in CA as there is a law against that.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
With how FoMoCo is not happy with their franchised dealers overcharging customers, I would get that document and send it to Ford and have them change to a true $0 ADM dealer.

It can be done - just involves Ford to switch delivery dealers.

That's all that the dealers are doing - accepting delivery of customer ordered vehicles.

For what little work they have to do - getting MSRP is easy profit IMO.

As @pstansel said - also give that document to your State AG. I know I would in CA as there is a law against that.
This and Tweet Levine Farley with all the information plus any online car publication especially those that cater to Tesla. Last thing FMC wants is bad press during release of the Lightning.

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Since this is posted under the Lightning-Reservations, Ordering, Pricing thread I'm guessing it's safe to say that is what you friend is trying to buy. Just to be clear, Granger offers 3% under invoice, not 4% and it certainly does not apply to the Lightning nor Raptor. Reach out to Chip or Zach to see if they can accommodate you or your friend.

OP
OP

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you get it in writing and have the original contract you can also report them to your state AG.
He has the web order that shows price of $94k, and a "buyer's order" invoice from the dealer showing the price of $99k, and an e-mail from the salescritter saying that there is an additional $5k on it. She even tried to claim Ford is forcing it, not the dealer - complete BS.

OP
OP

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just so you can see what he's dealing with... (also added to original post)
Ford F-150 Lightning Battling dealers trying to sneak ADM in even when the accepted order says $0 ADM (Tri-Ford, Highland, IL) order1
Ford F-150 Lightning Battling dealers trying to sneak ADM in even when the accepted order says $0 ADM (Tri-Ford, Highland, IL) order2
Ford F-150 Lightning Battling dealers trying to sneak ADM in even when the accepted order says $0 ADM (Tri-Ford, Highland, IL) order3

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Just so you can see what he's dealing with... (also added to original post)
order1.png
order2.png
order3.png
Yep, they fucked up. If it’s not on the order page then I believe @Ford Motor Company will square it away. I sure wish FMCO would just publish a statement and instructions on how to resolve in case of bait-and-switch.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I’d like to know how this turns out. Dealerships are receiving retail orders and many hoping for cancellation so they can profit at markup. Ford is to blame here because they should enforce the no ADM policy with serious business consequences.
Instead, they have you run through loops.

Anyhow, at the end of the day this is your order and I’m sure you’ll be able to transfer or the dealership will be notified to drop that non-sense ADM.
Sponsored

Last edited: