• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Order email received but dealerships charging ADM

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
So I changed dealerships specifically because they told me they wouldn’t charge over MSRP. Was so excited to complete my wave 4 Lariat order, and my online checkout receipt showed that dealer markup was zero reflecting the same as MSRP. However, since the order still had to be finalized and built by the dealer I requested a final build sheet prior to submitting. The invoice showed MRSP but had a handwritten $4000 at the bottom with no other info.
Of course I called the dealer to ask what that was and he told me “our cost to order the Lightning is the exact same as MSRP and we aren’t in the business of selling at cost. Ford didn’t tell us there would be no added in dealer profit and we need to make money on this so we are up charging 4k.” The GM said he would call me tomorrow but at this point I’m irate. Is there anything I can do? Called ford and said “that’s the problem with dealers being independent .”
Yes, have them send you an email with this information. Tweet it to Levine and Farley. Make sure you also tweet the screenshot where it says no dealer markup. What they will do is find you a dealer with no markup to deliver your Lightning and then make sure that dealer receives no more allocation.

Changing dealers prior to ordering will not hold your Lightning back as long as the dealer accepts the order.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jarre5005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
Thank you all for your help. I sent a screenshot of the Ford Playbook to the Manager who originally told me I’d have to pay 4k extra after promising me MSRP. He called me today and pulled the card “I’m a man of my word and I promised you something so I’m gonna deliver.” I was appreciative but I brought up the fact that his dealership was making more on the deal vs ICE f150s, he immediately got defensive and said that playbook was “proprietary Ford info and I should have my hands on that nor should I be spreading it around.” Look forward to getting my Lariat and never doing business with them again.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Thank you all for your help. I sent a screenshot of the Ford Playbook to the Manager who originally told me I’d have to pay 4k extra after promising me MSRP. He called me today and pulled the card “I’m a man of my word and I promised you something so I’m gonna deliver.” I was appreciative but I brought up the fact that his dealership was making more on the deal vs ICE f150s, he immediately got defensive and said that playbook was “proprietary Ford info and I should have my hands on that nor should I be spreading it around.” Look forward to getting my Lariat and never doing business with them again.
Happy ending to the saga. Knowledge is power. Good job.
Sponsored