• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blue Oval network: Can you really charge at any of the listed places?

ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
sedan
I see a Toyota dealer and a few hotels near me on the Blue Oval network. Does Ford have some sort of partnership with those places where you can just show up with your Lightning and start charging? Or are they just scraping everything they see on Plugshare and putting it in their network?

Do you ask first, and politely mention to them that there is some sort of corporate agreement between their hotel/Toyota and Ford?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Most likely it means that those chargers are not owned / controlled by the local businesses but on the evGO or EA (or similar) network.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Most likely it means that those chargers are not owned / controlled by the local businesses but on the evGO or EA (or similar) network.
Correct. The charger at my Ford dealership is on the Blink network. It has its own electric meter and service, and the dealer isn't responsible for its condition or service.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Many of the charging apps will show all sorts of chargers. May or may not be a free thing to users. Some show a charger at a dealer but reports on plugshare have claims that only one brand allowed to charge. I'd get second opinion at places like plugshare and chargehub or the network that owns it.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I see a Toyota dealer and a few hotels near me on the Blue Oval network. Does Ford have some sort of partnership with those places where you can just show up with your Lightning and start charging? Or are they just scraping everything they see on Plugshare and putting it in their network?

Do you ask first, and politely mention to them that there is some sort of corporate agreement between their hotel/Toyota and Ford?
When you view chargers in FordPass, it will show chargers that are not in the network. I’m presuming the ones you’re talking about are tagged as “In network”?

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
My local Ford dealer parks vehicles in front of the charger and then made the spots next to a handicapped parking so that customer EVs can’t easily use it.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Pay-as-you-go access to Greenlots, Electrify America, EVConnect, EVGO, Flo, Chargepoint, and SemaCharge. https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/features/ev-charging/blueoval-charge-network/

Any other charger showing won't give you pay-as-you-go access, but may be free, or may require another form of payment.

Many have noted issues with chargers at some networks such as EVGO with Mach-Es. Unknown how an F-150L will charge.

Free 250 hours are only with EA.

As of now, BlueOval network provides no discount. In the future, for $50 a year, it will. EA Pass+ is $4 per month, can be turned off and on at will, and pays off usually on the first trip.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I tend to use plugshare and chargehub for reports of quality and ease of use.
You really have to study the route you will be on. I took a gas truck on a route just to see the quality of the chargers. Don't trust any app. I've pulled up to EA stations that were listed as working an only one worked and EA tends to be fairly new.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
As of now, BlueOval network provides no discount. In the future, for $50 a year, it will. EA Pass+ is $4 per month, can be turned off and on at will, and pays off usually on the first trip.
So they made it official that you can't upgrade the BlueOval subscription to include discounted EA charging like their documentation says - even though it was possible for a few weeks?

That's too bad, because without plug-and-charge, all too many EA chargers just don't work, with card readers and app both dysfunctional. But plug-and-charge with our cars is currently charged at full price, there is no way to associate it with the monthly EA subscription.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
They are working on it.
Sponsored