• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BlueCruise is going to hurt someone

flrsb62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
The problem is not the fact that truck slows down but abruptly the truck responds. I all my years of driving I have never braked / slowed down that fast at a reduced speed limit sign. I neve use 1PD on the highway because it amplifies the problem. Why the need for such a fast deaccelration?
Sponsored

MLMcConnell

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Extended Range (Lariat)
Excellent post and thank you for sharing this tip! My Tesla used to do inexplicable things similar to this and I eventually just quit using auto-pilot and "full self-drive" altogether. These features got me into dangerous situations far more often than they saved me from them. Based on my own experiences, even the more intellectually compromised human drivers make better decisions behind the wheel than the best computer-assisted driving systems, particularly in uncommon emergency situations. And in Louisiana, that's saying something. Software updates should NEVER override a driver's selected settings. You are 100% correct in saying this is dangerous and irresponsible.