• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Up NJ POS credit

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
Curious if anybody that bought a 2023 Lightning in NJ got the credit? The MSRP has to be below $55k to get a $2k POS credit. My Pro will be around $52K MSRP since i didn't choose any options.

Thanks!

UPDATE 1/18/2022:
My dealer did not apply the $2k NJ credit since the 2023 model is not on the list of qualified vehicles. The ChargeUp program email contact is saying @Ford Motor Company has to submit for the 2023 model to be in the program. it literally is a simple submission by emailing the BPU, but I need to get in contact with Ford to explain to them that a few NJ purchases would qualify before the price increase. Does anybody know a good way to reach out to Ford for this specific type of action?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
Nah my ER didn't qualify but paying 0% sales tax on an EV purchase was nice

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer
It doesn't matter as the EV incentive fund ran out of money over the summer IIRC. Last year, the fund was exhausted in like 5 weeks too

I think there are still incentives for chargers though, depending on who your utility is. We have Rockland and they are incompetent, but I believe PSEG has some programs left

OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored
OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh wow, I didn't check on the most recent refunding of the program over the summer. I knew it was happening, but as our lightning is way over the 55K limit, I lost interest LOL!
Yea dude it stinks because part of the reason I reserved the Pro was for the most inventive. Now I’ll still pay under $45k but not get the $4k that you would get for under $4k :/.

OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UPDATE:

My dealer did not apply the $2k NJ credit since the 2023 model is not on the list of qualified vehicles. The ChargeUp program email contact is saying @Ford Motor Company has to submit for the 2023 model to be in the program. it literally is a simple submission by emailing the BPU, but I need to get in contact with Ford to explain to them that a few NJ purchases would qualify before the price increase. Does anybody know a good way to reach out to Ford for this specific type of action?

vatsil

First Name
Vikas Vats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro 2023 (soon hopefully)
Hi - just signed up for the Forum - my Pro is sitting on the dealer lot and not acknowledging the price protection from October (5k).

On the topic of NJ rebates;the state utility board told me on Friday that Ford has not filed for the 23 Lightning to be included for eligibility for a 4K rebate in my case as the MSRP should be below 45k. Looks like ford thought that the truck is over 55k and forgot about all the price protected customers.

I am trying to post on FB and Twitter through DM so far- no response from. But let me solve the bigger problem of the dealer not acknowledging the 5k price protection and threatening to sell the truck in the next 24 hours if I don’t pay his asking.

@Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi - just signed up for the Forum - my Pro is sitting on the dealer lot and not acknowledging the price protection from October (5k).

On the topic of NJ rebates;the state utility board told me on Friday that Ford has not filed for the 23 Lightning to be included for eligibility for a 4K rebate in my case as the MSRP should be below 45k. Looks like ford thought that the truck is over 55k and forgot about all the price protected customers.

I am trying to post on FB and Twitter through DM so far- no response from. But let me solve the bigger problem of the dealer not acknowledging the 5k price protection and threatening to sell the truck in the next 24 hours if I don’t pay his asking.

@Ford Motor Company
That’s exactly what the program told me. We have to make a ton of noise to gain traction. I have messages out in Twitter, here, calls, emails, etc. there is also a chance the BPU denied it when they saw the current MSRP, not realizing others qualify.

We will only get a rebate based on window sticker though so only $2k for MSRP $45k-$55k

Contact me if you need help with price protection. Maybe they can call my dealer (chapman) who price protected me after figuring it all out. Took me and them many many weeks

vatsil

First Name
Vikas Vats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro 2023 (soon hopefully)
The person at utility board specifically said Ford hasn’t applied for 2023. It’s a bummer. My dealer seemed to be very proud that no one gets the NJ rebate in his dealership. Not sure what world these people live in.

@EdwinT - thanks for the offer. Let me see what they say tomorrow. I might reach out to you if they can’t get it together by tomorrow.

Sponsored

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
That’s exactly what the program told me. We have to make a ton of noise to gain traction. I have messages out in Twitter, here, calls, emails, etc. there is also a chance the BPU denied it when they saw the current MSRP, not realizing others qualify.

We will only get a rebate based on window sticker though so only $2k for MSRP $45k-$55k

Contact me if you need help with price protection. Maybe they can call my dealer (chapman) who price protected me after figuring it all out. Took me and them many many weeks
Do you have a contact that I could put my dealer (Malouf Ford) in touch with? Mine is in transit but they said that they don't know anything about the $5k price protection.

OP
OP
EdwinT

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you have a contact that I could put my dealer (Malouf Ford) in touch with? Mine is in transit but they said that they don't know anything about the $5k price protection.
I don’t unfortunately. I just kept on them for weeks about contacting the rep. I also sent them the two price protection sheets, screenshot/link to fords website that says the purchase is price protected at order date, my accounts price that shows the price of the purchase, etc

I luckily had a form from them signed a week after my order that showed the order price
Sponsored