• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Child Car Seat Protection

F150_lightning

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Lariat ER
This one goes out to all the lightning owners with little ones... I'm looking for a way to protect the rear seats from the child seats. I permanently deformed my rear seats on my 2010 FX4. I see the car seat protectors on Amazon. Do those really work? They seem so thin like they wouldn't provide enough cushion. Just wondering if anyone has figured out a good way to protect the seats without causing any safety issues.
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I've always used car seat protectors, currently have 4 year old.

They don't need much padding to do their job and at least one I used had too hard of a bottom that actually made it worse.

Just get something that can distribute the pressure points.

This is the one I use:

Lusso Gear Car Seat Protector, Thick Padding, 2 Mesh Storage Pockets, Waterproof, Protects Fabric or Leather Seats from Child Car Seat and Pets, Non-Slip Rubber Padded Backing, No Imprint (Black) https://a.co/d/8Nduzq6

Used it daily for a good 2 years in my egolf with "leather" seats and it still looked brand new when I sold it.

Been using it in my white "leather" Ioniq 5 and still keep it on in my measly cloth XLT.

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

DKZB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500
This one goes out to all the lightning owners with little ones... I'm looking for a way to protect the rear seats from the child seats. I permanently deformed my rear seats on my 2010 FX4. I see the car seat protectors on Amazon. Do those really work? They seem so thin like they wouldn't provide enough cushion. Just wondering if anyone has figured out a good way to protect the seats without causing any safety issues.
I am looking for the same thing!!
I have used the Lusso ones on my last truck. I still got some deformation but much better than nothing. I was looking for an even better alternative.

Sponsored

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Munchkin Brica Elite Seat Guardian Car Seat Protector and Cover for Baby/Child, Dark Grey https://a.co/d/fCxH5gr

Did the job in my old FX4 and currently the wife's Murano.

Added to my Lightning

OH and people complain about a X indentation.. Have not seen that myself.. But I guess your mileage may vary..

Last edited:

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
OH and people complain about a X indentation.. Have not seen that myself.. But I guess your mileage may vary..
That one made the indents like 3 times worse because of the X. Took it out of my car and put it in my MILs older car that already looks like shit :)

TX_Gator

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 Lariat
Munchkin Brica Elite Seat Guardian Car Seat Protector and Cover for Baby/Child, Dark Grey https://a.co/d/fCxH5gr

Did the job in my old FX4 and currently the wife's Murano.

Added to my Lightning

I do get the X indentation from these, but it is worth it in my opinion because this model has a shape that catches spills/accidents from running down onto the seat, whereas the Lusso type tends to shed the liquid spill/accident straight onto and between the truck seats. The LAST thing I want to be doing after cleaning an accident out of all of the nooks and crannies of the child safety seat is to go digging down between my truck seats to find more! With the X type, the liquid stays in the little reservoir and I can pull out the whole cover with the mess to hose it off.

When we pulled the car seats and protectors out of my wife’s old car to sell it, I was able to mostly get the indentations from the X type pad out of the “leather” with a little steam.

Either pad type makes the indentions less severe than putting the safety seats directly on the truck seat without a pad.
Sponsored