• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front-Facing Car Seat Install Behind Driver Tether Location

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Has anyone successfully installed a front-facing car seat behind the driver?

Page 43 and 44 describe the install process, but it doesn’t clearly show where the strap and tether from middle seat should sit since there’s a seat belt mechanism in the way. If I put the strap behind the seat belt mechanism, It touches the sliding glass. If I place it on top, it works, but I’m wondering if this is wrong. I see it says behind, but I don’t want to damage the glass.

here is the information from the manua

1. Route the vehicle tether loop between the head restraint posts, then route the child restraint tether strap through the loop, forward of the head restraint.

2. Hook the strap to the vehicle tether anchor loop in the adjacent seating position. If using the driver side, pass the strap behind the shoulder belt for the center seat. Put the tether strap through the routing loop. The head restraint support post holds the child restraint tightly, but the head restraint post is not strong enough to hold the child restraint during a crash.

3. Tighten the tether strap according to the child restraint manufacturer's instructions.

Ford F-150 Lightning Front-Facing Car Seat Install Behind Driver Tether Location B1FC609F-2A9E-4737-9EF0-B8F068F98BF9

Ford F-150 Lightning Front-Facing Car Seat Install Behind Driver Tether Location D15E7121-D962-4FBA-9CA6-4AB446C59763

Ford F-150 Lightning Front-Facing Car Seat Install Behind Driver Tether Location 6BD07E58-E560-434E-9A50-AFD4616B2A53
Sponsored

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
There should be a little loop of strap directly behind the rear driver-side headreast, just like the loop you used on the other seat.

OP
OP

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
There should be a little loop of strap directly behind the rear driver-side headreast, just like the loop you used on the other seat.
Yes, the strap is going through the drivers side loop before going over to the center loop as advised in the manual.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
That looks fine to me as long as the seat is secure. If the strap is long enough you might be able to run it to the passenger side anchor.

I had my daughter's car seat behind the driver for a while but don't recall there being an issue. I've since swapped it to the middle.

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
Seems ok, as long as the top of the child seat doesnt move more than an inch.

I suspect that it is routed like that to take up the length of the top tether. It can be long to accomodate vehicles with top anchors behind the adult seat, like in a hatchback.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Looks right. That was how mine was setup in my 2011 a few years ago... Although I had top tether seats on both rear outboard positions. I don't remember if I attached both tethers to the center anchor, or if I attached one out board to the other l. Both attached to the center will pull the center anchor to the middle of the seat.
Sponsored