• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cluster display symbol

CAMB150

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150-Lightning Pro
Does anyone know what this warning symbol means? I've looked at service manual, alert guide, and can't seem to find it.

Ford F-150 Lightning Cluster display symbol 1678403551527
Sponsored

tommyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning Lariat
It's the pre-collision assist system (p. 312 in manual). When that symbol with the line illuminates, it means that the system is off. This indicator light occasionally comes on when I'm driving but then goes away. I assume because there may have been dirt or something temporarily blocking a camera or sensor.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
As @tommyb said, the camera is blocked by snow/ice/dirt/salt/bird poop. The area near the camera is heated at times which helps the grime bake on, it took me quite a bit of fluid to get it clean.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
I believe this warn light came on when my car was covered in road salt. Prior to the warning I got a message saying the avoidance system was disabled.

OP
OP

CAMB150

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150-Lightning Pro
It's the pre-collision assist system (p. 312 in manual). When that symbol with the line illuminates, it means that the system is off. This indicator light occasionally comes on when I'm driving but then goes away. I assume because there may have been dirt or something temporarily blocking a camera or sensor.
Thanks. I was about to edit the post. I found it as well now going page to page on manual. Mentions nothing in symbol guide or manual symbols glossary.

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I've noticed that at sunrise and sunset if the sun hits the sensor it will kick that light on

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
I literally had no idea what that meant. Something about no lightning behind my car. Good to know!

KDF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Yeah I had the same thing happening to me today and the icon is absolutely non descriptive. It was coming on an off, I assume it was from the sun glaring into the camera system.

One thing that seems unacceptable however, is that the notification being so minimal and unclear for such an important feature.

I would argue that this is certainly one of the notification deserving of a big yellow box with a "confirm" option (i had this on my previous vehicle). When you count the thousands of annoying "watch the road" notification whenever we use adaptive or blue cruise, you would think that deactivating the pre collision braking would be more visible. Most importantly, adaptive cruise stays on when pre collision is deactivated, how does these two feature work together?
Sponsored