• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Complete list of mods/accessories on MY23 Pro

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
I thought I'd post a list of all the mods/accessories I've made to my Pro since getting it in January. It might help some new owners, and I'm also hoping other Pro/XLT owners post their list. Maybe we can get ideas off of each other!

Sponsored

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Kia Niro Ev, '23 Avalanche Lightning XLT
Great list! I've got the Tuxmats on order and considering the X4s for my XLT (which I'm picking up this week).

I've been eyeballing those extra shelves for storage. Do you have pictures of it in your truck and how do you like it? I'm worried that they may be flimsy, look cheap, or sag over time, but I plan on installing a wireless charging pad and thought it'd be nice to have when I don't want to charge my phone.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Good list to get beginners going. I've done most of these with some variation, went a completely different direction on some, but overall a good list.

My biggest differences:
- Mobile Charger (got a 40a mobile charger with better features and reliability than the Ford one for $300 on Amazon)
- Under Seat Storage (went with the OEM bar add on for $39, personal preference, I don't like the Cubbies)
- Dashcam (FitCamX with the rear camera too, easy install, OEM look keeps it out of my sight while driving)
- Key Fob cover (found some really High Quality Leather custom ones on ETSY, affordable yet looks expensive and very durable)
- Stubby Antenna (went with one that matches the width on the base perfectly)
- Steering Wheel (I opted to keep the stock steering wheel and wrap it in a custom protector, the leather OEM ones get shiny and slick after a few years unless maintained, I like being able to throw away the cover and replace as needed)
- Speakers (I went with Infinity brand running through an amp, sounds amazing compared to stock, the extra power with the amp is noticeable)

The one thing on this list I don't have that intrigues me is the shelf. Thank you. 👍

OP
OP
asianman35

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
Good list to get beginners going. I've done most of these with some variation, went a completely different direction on some, but overall a good list.

My biggest differences:
- Mobile Charger (got a 40a mobile charger with better features and reliability than the Ford one for $300 on Amazon)
- Under Seat Storage (went with the OEM bar add on for $39, personal preference, I don't like the Cubbies)
- Dashcam (FitCamX with the rear camera too, easy install, OEM look keeps it out of my sight while driving)
- Key Fob cover (found some really High Quality Leather custom ones on ETSY, affordable yet looks expensive and very durable)
- Stubby Antenna (went with one that matches the width on the base perfectly)
- Steering Wheel (I opted to keep the stock steering wheel and wrap it in a custom protector, the leather OEM ones get shiny and slick after a few years unless maintained, I like being able to throw away the cover and replace as needed)
- Speakers (I went with Infinity brand running through an amp, sounds amazing compared to stock, the extra power with the amp is noticeable)

The one thing on this list I don't have that intrigues me is the shelf. Thank you. 👍
Is this what you mean by the custom steering wheel cover? I thought of this at first, but also looked time consuming - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09Z2M2MLJ/

Which stubby antenna did you get exactly?

and which charger exactly?

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Is this what you mean by the custom steering wheel cover? I thought of this at first, but also looked time consuming - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09Z2M2MLJ/

Which stubby antenna did you get exactly?

and which charger exactly?
Yeah, that's the one. I have to pull the steering wheel off anyway to swap button packs. My wife offered to do the install of it so I pulled the trigger. Every leather steering wheel I've had gets shiny/slick/grimy after a few years. Personally, this seemed like a better option for my use case since I recently decided against adding the heating elements due to cost.

Stubby antenna: https://a.co/d/4n5j4qP it has a recessed lip at the bottom which aligns it near perfectly with the stock receptacle

Charger: https://a.co/d/jl1Y2l8 (there may be better options now, but when I bought it 6 months ago this was the best value I found)

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Respectfully I would keep the tall antenna as it also lets you know you might be about to scrape the cab roof on a low ceiling.

ask me how I know…
Or, know your truck's clearance and be mindful of clearance signs.

To each their own, I see how it would be useful for some. I've had no issues in the past 10 years of having stubby antennas. I hate floppy long antennas, especially since I very rarely use the radio.

LSUT1GER

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda Pilot Touring Elite, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Could you provide a link/more information on the LED Lighted Logo Putco? I want to install one on my 2023 Lightning Lariat.

Protean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Pro
I went down through your list and bought a bunch of stuff. This one I don't like. It's resistant to dust, fingerprints, and scratches, but on the other hand, I can barely see the screen. I have to change over to Day mode for legibility and even then this murky protector reflects all light. I'm likely to remove it, but for $25, I'll give it at least a drive.

edit - 18 Aug 23: Seems like the only time I noticed any of the aforementioned problems was right after install, but there are fingerprints - just not as many as there were on the screen. Keeping it.
Sponsored

Last edited: